How to turn off Porsche Charging Planner on my Porsche Connect App

Basebull7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
This forum is very helpful…and i appreciate everyone’s answers. I do need some help again and this time its with the Porsche Charging Planner. I understand the function of this feature but for some reason my Porsche Connect App has a message that says “Porsche Charging Planner Active” and this overrides my home charging profile of 85%. My car is now charging to 95% and i don’t know how to stop this. I’ve unchecked the option on my NAv in the car But my APP still had it displayed.

Any suggestions would be very helpful because i don’t want to charge car to 95% at home.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Basebull7

Basebull7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
This forum is very helpful…and i appreciate everyone’s answers. I do need some help again and this time its with the Porsche Charging Planner. I understand the function of this feature but for some reason my Porsche Connect App has a message that says “Porsche Charging Planner Active” and this overrides my home charging profile of 85%. My car is now charging to 95% and i don’t know how to stop this. I’ve unchecked the option on my NAv in the car But my APP still had it displayed.

Any suggestions would be very helpful because i don’t want to charge car to 95% at home.
For whatever it’s worth…I was able to de-activate the Porsche Charging Planner from the PCM…I had to reboot the computer so to speak…the process is…touch the top right hand corner of the PCM screen…where the time is displayed with two fingers. This will immediately shut off the screens and begin a reboot. Problem solved.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Within the NAV menu go to options ( ... ) and enable / disable Porsche Charging Planner. There are other related options (under Charging) but this is the main one.

Porsche Taycan How to turn off Porsche Charging Planner on my Porsche Connect App 1630413627852

Note that this is not related to any charging profile and is only active during route guidance / navigation.

To address your charging issue you must set a timer in conjunction with your profile to ensure charging ends at the time you specify otherwise you will exceed the charge level you want (profile only talks to a 'target charge').

swhsv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag

In the Porsche Connect app, tap the “Explore” item in the lower left, and then from within the map view, tap the button with the “Funnel” icon. Then in the resulting “Map Settings” screen, scroll all to way to the bottom and there should be a “Route Options” section with a “Porsche Charging Planner” on/off switch….

Evnoob

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
In the Porsche Connect app, tap the “Explore” item in the lower left, and then from within the map view, tap the button with the “Funnel” icon. Then in the resulting “Map Settings” screen, scroll all to way to the bottom and there should be a “Route Options” section with a “Porsche Charging Planner” on/off switch….
Unfortunately this didn’t take my car out of planner mode. It still says that in planning mode it’s going to ignore all timers and profiles.

it did ask my to stop at several cheffing stations but knowing I could charge at home I ignored its range anxiety.

I don’t understand why it’s still in that mode now though. The car has arrived. It isn’t planning to go anywhere, I’m already home, so what’s it doing?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Unfortunately this didn’t take my car out of planner mode. It still says that in planning mode it’s going to ignore all timers and profiles.

it did ask my to stop at several cheffing stations but knowing I could charge at home I ignored its range anxiety.

I don’t understand why it’s still in that mode now though. The car has arrived. It isn’t planning to go anywhere, I’m already home, so what’s it doing?
Most odd (again). Potentially a synchronisation issue between your app - Porsche - car.

Random thought, if you have disabled the planner in both PCM and the App but the problem persists, try using your other key to see what difference (if any) that makes.

Further random thought, delete the app from your phone, power your phone off, restart, re-install.

Sorry - not much help as I've not seen this issue so resorting to guessing.
Sponsored