Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Maybe it's an issue of manufacturing tolerances, but mine definitely fell under the PITA installation, even after watching the video and reading this thread multiple times prior to starting. I lined up the outside edge first but then, contrary to some others, I also locked the outside tab (A) before going to the inside one (B) near the radar. That allowed me to push B in as needed (it took a whole lot of force) without the other end popping out. I did leave the top (C) tab for last.
20240310_104710.jpg

As @Hirschaj mentioned, you have to get tab B connected properly for the fit to look right. See the arrow below for the spot where tab B needs to connect.
20240310_132350.jpg

I also ended up using one of my plastic trim tools to hook and pull the grill back out where needed to give the best fit.
20240217_100132.jpg

I initially used painters tape around the paint but quickly realized it wasn't necessary and might be nearly impossible to cleanly remove once the grills were installed. In the end, it was the plastic around the radar pods that I should have taped, as they got a little torn up during the installs.
20240310_135037.jpg

Nothing I can't live with.

In the end, the fit seems good and I'm satisfied that these will protect me nicely. Here are my results.
20240310_133828.jpg

20240310_133901.jpg

20240310_135122.jpg

I also went on a ten mile drive and didn't see any increases in battery temperature. We'll see what Florida's summer brings but I'd rather take my chances with these grills installed than face a large repair bill from a rock strike.
You lined it up beautifully. Nice work (besides the few scratches that nobody will ever see). 👍

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
@ShiftyWolf. Your battery temp will be fine. Put mine on last June and battery temps very seldom went above 90/95F during the Florida summer, and that included a couple of road trips. Ran hotter than that when DC charging and would steadily drop back after leaving the charger. Air flow does not seem to be restricted in any significant way.

RSouthern

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS and several others and 2 MCs
Country flag
I'm interested too , but looking at the pictures, I think my 2022 GTS falls into the Turbo/Turbo S bucket since I have the optional exterior carbon package which gives the sport package front bumper (not sure if that's the official name). But it has the upturned wings near the center pod of the intake. So I'm guessing these screens won't work on my car until they produce the ones for the Turbo? Or have I found myself in a separate category altogether?

Porsche Taycan I tried the Zunsport grills and I like them 20230810_121240
Sponsored