I tried the Zunsport grills and I like them

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
Ok, so I finally installed these on the Taycan. Instructions say to protect paint with blue tape, but that’s not necessary if you are careful. I would position the narrow end towards the outside of the grill first and then connect the hook that’s on the center edge of the grill towards the middle of the car. Then connect the hook on the top in the middle. Finally, connect the last hook on the bottom towards the outer side of the grill. They are well-made and this took probably less than 10 minutes. Hardest part was that I forgot to override the motion detector on the garage light and went into total darkness while on my back in front of the car :)

Next I will install them on my club coupe since the current ones are looking rather ragged. It is a bummer as the instructions say I need to drill two 3.5 mm holes in the bumper. :(

Porsche Taycan I tried the Zunsport grills and I like them IMG_4780

Porsche Taycan I tried the Zunsport grills and I like them IMG_4781

Porsche Taycan I tried the Zunsport grills and I like them IMG_4782

Porsche Taycan I tried the Zunsport grills and I like them IMG_4783

Porsche Taycan I tried the Zunsport grills and I like them IMG_4784

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Thank you to everyone who shared their pictures in this thread. I thought these were a giant PITA to install properly (the first one was anyway). The second one took about 1-2 minutes to get installed once I understood how to do it.

Note: Based on the pictures, many of you might want to revisit your installs to get them lined up properly.

Here are the pictures of mine. I believe they are lined up exactly as they should be. Please forgive the absolutely filthy car. It was just sitting outside at the airport for a week and I have not had the chance to wash it yet :-(

Method, as suggested by @TDinDC (thank you!), "position the narrow end towards the outside of the grill first and then connect the hook that’s on the center edge of the grill towards the middle of the car. Then connect the hook on the top in the middle. Finally, connect the last hook on the bottom towards the outer side of the grill."

You have to push on the end that is towards the middle of the car pretty hard to get it to engage and align properly. Once you get it connected you know for sure because there is no gap. I also used my small flathead screwdriver to align the bottom outside edge of the grill properly. In my case I pulled the grill slightly back towards me so it would align perfectly (this also confirmed that the lower hook was catching where it was supposed to).

Porsche Taycan I tried the Zunsport grills and I like them IMG_0493.JPG

Porsche Taycan I tried the Zunsport grills and I like them IMG_0492.JPG

Porsche Taycan I tried the Zunsport grills and I like them IMG_0491.JPG

Porsche Taycan I tried the Zunsport grills and I like them IMG_0490.JPG

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
I can see the "need" for these, but like the look of the vanes in the grilles which these seem to hide.

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
So I contacted Zunsport who have said they want to develop some but need a development vehicle to test the grills on before releasing them (obviously). They are a bit of a trek away from me so not very practical, or I would volunteer. They have offered the grills for free if I could make 2 trips to see them for measuring and then fitting. Anyone else closer to them? WS11 9UU

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Thank you to everyone who shared their pictures in this thread. I thought these were a giant PITA to install properly (the first one was anyway). The second one took about 1-2 minutes to get installed once I understood how to do it.

Note: Based on the pictures, many of you might want to revisit your installs to get them lined up properly.

Here are the pictures of mine. I believe they are lined up exactly as they should be. Please forgive the absolutely filthy car. It was just sitting outside at the airport for a week and I have not had the chance to wash it yet :-(

Method, as suggested by @TDinDC (thank you!), "position the narrow end towards the outside of the grill first and then connect the hook that’s on the center edge of the grill towards the middle of the car. Then connect the hook on the top in the middle. Finally, connect the last hook on the bottom towards the outer side of the grill."

You have to push on the end that is towards the middle of the car pretty hard to get it to engage and align properly. Once you get it connected you know for sure because there is no gap. I also used my small flathead screwdriver to align the bottom outside edge of the grill properly. In my case I pulled the grill slightly back towards me so it would align perfectly (this also confirmed that the lower hook was catching where it was supposed to).

IMG_0493.JPG

IMG_0492.JPG

IMG_0491.JPG

IMG_0490.JPG
How easy would they be to take off (before a service - any excuse to cancel a warranty!)?

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
How easy would they be to take off (before a service - any excuse to cancel a warranty!)?
Once you know how they are installed/secured it's 3 minutes to remove both of them. They leave no trace of having been installed. Reinstalling is 10 minutes tops.

sveinaan

First Name
Svein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan 4s
Country flag
The guy servicing my car at dealer gave me a tumbs-up for those grills. Said they were good for stopping debries from damaging radiators. Nothing about canceling warranty.

ZenicaNC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Cayenne S E-Hybrid
Country flag
Hopefully someone here will be close enough to take their Turbo in for a measurement/fitting. I'd install these otherwise. Just my luck, they don't have these for our Cayenne either.

chun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020, Cayman GT4
Country flag
So I contacted Zunsport who have said they want to develop some but need a development vehicle to test the grills on before releasing them (obviously). They are a bit of a trek away from me so not very practical, or I would volunteer. They have offered the grills for free if I could make 2 trips to see them for measuring and then fitting. Anyone else closer to them? WS11 9UU
Keep us posted if you somehow make your way to them :D

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
Maybe it's an issue of manufacturing tolerances, but mine definitely fell under the PITA installation, even after watching the video and reading this thread multiple times prior to starting. I lined up the outside edge first but then, contrary to some others, I also locked the outside tab (A) before going to the inside one (B) near the radar. That allowed me to push B in as needed (it took a whole lot of force) without the other end popping out. I did leave the top (C) tab for last.
Porsche Taycan I tried the Zunsport grills and I like them 20240310_104710

As @Hirschaj mentioned, you have to get tab B connected properly for the fit to look right. See the arrow below for the spot where tab B needs to connect.
Porsche Taycan I tried the Zunsport grills and I like them 20240310_132350

I also ended up using one of my plastic trim tools to hook and pull the grill back out where needed to give the best fit.
Porsche Taycan I tried the Zunsport grills and I like them 20240217_100132

I initially used painters tape around the paint but quickly realized it wasn't necessary and might be nearly impossible to cleanly remove once the grills were installed. In the end, it was the plastic around the radar pods that I should have taped, as they got a little torn up during the installs.
Porsche Taycan I tried the Zunsport grills and I like them 20240310_135037

Nothing I can't live with.

In the end, the fit seems good and I'm satisfied that these will protect me nicely. Here are my results.
Porsche Taycan I tried the Zunsport grills and I like them 20240310_133828

Porsche Taycan I tried the Zunsport grills and I like them 20240310_133901

Porsche Taycan I tried the Zunsport grills and I like them 20240310_135122

I also went on a ten mile drive and didn't see any increases in battery temperature. We'll see what Florida's summer brings but I'd rather take my chances with these grills installed than face a large repair bill from a rock strike.