Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RangeRover D350 MHEV New Disco 300D MHEW Taycan4S
Country flag
Anybody using indoor car cover and would you recommend buying one plus are they easy to put on and remove I was thinking maybe good idea for storage Taycan in winter months
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Anybody using indoor car cover and would you recommend buying one plus are they easy to put on and remove I was thinking maybe good idea for storage Taycan in winter months
I have one for my Boxster which I rarely use (Porsche Tequipment) and figure I'd be the same with the Taycan. Check that the Taycan cover has a charge port slot / hole / window as previously it did not (!) which makes it kinda useless and a faff then to top up.

OP
OP

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have one for my Boxster which I rarely use (Porsche Tequipment) and figure I'd be the same with the Taycan. Check that the Taycan cover has a charge port slot / hole / window as previously it did not (!) which makes it kinda useless and a faff then to top up.
Thats a good point will check

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
I've always used an indoor cover on my Porsches as they provide a small level of mechanical protection and keep dust off the car thus reducing the need for frequent washing.

I have the Porsche Tequipment indoor cover for the Taycan. Because it's not overly bulky, it's easy to put on and take off, is lined with a soft material to protect the finish and fits like a glove.

It doesn't have a flap for the charge port but I simply pull back the cover over the fender to charge. It's really not a problem for me.
Porsche Taycan Indoor car cover cover 1

Last edited:

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
I read you should only put the cover on if the car is clean with no dirt or anything because movement of the cover can then scratch the car. Seems a bit pointless to me if the car is inside anyway.

OP
OP

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've always used an indoor cover on my Porsches as they provide a small level of mechanical protection and keep dust off the car thus reducing the need for frequent washing.

I have the Porsche Tequipment indoor cover for the Taycan. Because it's not overly bulky, it's easy to put on and take off, is lined with a soft material to protect the finish and fits like a glove.

It doesn't have a flap for the charge port but I simply pull back the cover over the fender to charge. It's really not a problem for me.
cover 1.jpg
Hi will cover still fit when mirrors are folded

Gary

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
I read you should only put the cover on if the car is clean with no dirt or anything because movement of the cover can then scratch the car. Seems a bit pointless to me if the car is inside anyway.
It's true that one shouldn't cover a dirty car and I don't. I cover it after a wash and if I've just had a short drive I will use spray detailer on anything that might get a bit dirty and then cover. If the car get's really dirty I won't cover it again until after the next wash.

Since I don't drive the car every day covering works great to extend the times between washes. I've followed this regimen for decades with my "special" cars and have never had a issue with scratches. BTW, if you don't believe dust quickly accumulates on a vehicle inside try parking a black car in the garage for a couple of days....