Inner Door-Sill Guards and B-Pillars in Leather

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
Hi guys,

has anyone ordered "Inner Door-Sill Guards and B-Pillars in Leather"? I only found this picture in the configurator but would like to see some more detailed pics (especially of the B-pillar).

Porsche Taycan Inner Door-Sill Guards and B-Pillars in Leather Schwellerverkleidung_B_Säule
Sponsored

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Hi guys,

has anyone ordered "Inner Door-Sill Guards and B-Pillars in Leather"? I only found this picture in the configurator but would like to see some more detailed pics (especially of the B-pillar).

Schwellerverkleidung_B_Säule.jpg
It should be visible when you select it in this view:
Porsche Taycan Inner Door-Sill Guards and B-Pillars in Leather iris (24)

OP
OP
pEAkfrEAk

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No it's not visible in the configurator. Neither in 2D nor in 3D mode.

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ordered)
Country flag
Interested in seeing photos of this as well.

Does anyone know if this option actually puts leather on the bottom half of the b-pillars? Was a bit disappointed that the full/extended leather option still left plastic on that specific area.

OP
OP
pEAkfrEAk

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Does anyone know if this option actually puts leather on the bottom half of the b-pillars?
Yes, it does. That's exactly the point why I'm concidering to add this option but I would like to see some pictures first.

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Interested in seeing photos of this as well.

Does anyone know if this option actually puts leather on the bottom half of the b-pillars? Was a bit disappointed that the full/extended leather option still left plastic on that specific area.
It does put leather everywhere and I considered to order becaus I'm also really dissapointed with the plastic b pillar. It's a 2800€ option, because it also includes the illuminated door sills in Europe.

Then I noticed that with the Taycan's located at the dealer the b-pillar and door sill had several scratches from people getting in and out.

Because of the price but especially the anxiety when my childeren or a passenger would scratch the leather entering and exiting the vehicle I decided it's better to replace the pillars when needed.

OP
OP
pEAkfrEAk

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Then I noticed that with the Taycan's located at the dealer the b-pillar and door sill had several scratches from people getting in and out.

Because of the price but especially the anxiety when my childeren or a passenger would scratch the leather entering and exiting the vehicle I decided it's better to replace the pillars when needed.
Thought about this "problem" as well. That's why I'm struggeling a little bit with this option. On the one hand I would like to have leather on the B-pillars (to get rid of this cheap platic look) and on the other hand I do not want to scratch the leather on the door sills. I have two kids (7/10 yo) and it's very likely that it will be scratched.

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
I would have spent the $ to get it and the seat consoles if it had been offered in Racetex, and before my lock date, neither of which happened. After getting fully PPF'ed right away (delivery day is on Saturday, but my dealership will probably prep and then turn it over to me middle of next week), I'm thinking of taking it to a good auto upholsterer to talk about covering those plastic parts, front and rear. I'm thinking of using something like a tough black leatherette. It's got to be something that will wear well, because I've noticed that those areas are very prone to scuffing action when entering and egressing. I guess I could order the parts for the Racetex seat consoles and have them installed at my dealership, but still gotta do something about the other plastic.

What do you think? What about some truck deck lining material like Rhino (https://rhinoliningalbuquerque.com/)? Of course, I would get my local premium auto body shop to do the removal/installation of the plastic parts.

Last edited:

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
What do you think? What about some truck deck lining material like Rhino (https://rhinoliningalbuquerque.com/)? Of course, I would get my local premium auto body shop to do the removal/installation of the plastic parts.
Really? This is a bedliner and I'm familiar with this material. Trust me you don't want this. The plastic you have now will look much better.

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
Really? This is a bedliner and I'm familiar with this material. Trust me you don't want this. The plastic you have now will look much better.
Yeah, I'm going to check if they do a smoother, thinner coating that would work well. I'll post it once I check, No big hurry to get the plastic parts done, but def want to eventually. Just not sure how to do it, but I'll check with the various professionals first, and hopefully see some sample work to compare and judge.

OP
OP
pEAkfrEAk

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Try Porsche.com or Porsche.nl or Porsche.be or Porsche.co.uk.
If that doesn't work, try a different computer.
I already tried several different porsche sites and different computers/browsers/smartphones. It didn't change anything. The B-pillars/inner door sills leather package is not visible in the configurator. Even my local porsche dealer tried it on his computer. No chance as you see below.
Porsche Taycan Inner Door-Sill Guards and B-Pillars in Leather b_pillar

Last edited:

R88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S (sold)
Country flag
+1 - would like to know if anyone has ordered this and has photos of the B-Pillar.

TayTaySD

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mamba Green Taycan 4S
Country flag
Note getting into the car you WILL scratch the b-pillar, not just your kids. So leather isn't a good idea. I have the extra problem I put so much pressure on it about 10% of the time the molding pops off. I'm going to take it to the dealer to see if they can tape/glue/screw it in so it doesn't pop off! No need for it to be so deep as it is, you can tell when it falls off.

R88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S (sold)
Country flag
With suitable leather protection product on it, would leather perhaps be more durable than plastic though? For scuffs etc.
Sponsored