gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I really like Innodrive, is it perfect? No, is it very relaxed driving? Yes!
saves me fines when on the phone not paying attention to speed limits.
I like it as well. You can easily bump the speed up and it will stay bumped up until the next speed change. I find it useful having it "remind" me when there is a speed change.
Sponsored

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
PID does make longer mundane highway drives far more relaxing and less tiresome. In particular during choppy traffic conditions.

Also helpful for avoiding fines. Just set to speed limit + tolerance and you’re good;)

Last edited:

FrozenBerries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
anyone ever have these systems activate? It seems like these are bigger value adds than the speed adjustments
I don't have these on my Taycan but our Prius PHEV has as standard and the cross traffic and intersection assist are reassuring.
I haven't needed them to avoid a collision, so far, but flagging the arrival of another vehicle about to cross in front or behind is handy. A bit like the blind spot monitor, nice to have and it may avoid a collision though I haven't needed it.

OP
OP
Novemberwhisky

Novemberwhisky

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST Crayon.
Country flag
I don't have these on my Taycan but our Prius PHEV has as standard and the cross traffic and intersection assist are reassuring.
I haven't needed them to avoid a collision, so far, but flagging the arrival of another vehicle about to cross in front or behind is handy. A bit like the blind spot monitor, nice to have and it may avoid a collision though I haven't needed it.
I guess it depends on country but if choosing the subscription option can you opt for a month or is the contract for these things longer?

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I guess it depends on country but if choosing the subscription option can you opt for a month or is the contract for these things longer?
I don’t know, but I suspect the sensors necessary are not there if you don’t have the self parking option.

DJ-UK

First Name
Daz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ex-iPace, Taycan RWD '23 lots of extra's.
Country flag
I have spec’d on my Taycan. Have active lane keep on my current iPace (and previous car) and it’s incredible on long drives. Look at the Innodrive reviews on YouTube, the latest reviews suggest it’s a better drivers systems than Tesla. I would not buy a car without it, to be honest seeing how people drive on motorways it should be made compulsory, would eliminate many hold ups. I understand you can override speed changes, so on motorways with variable speed limits very useful (specially if you have something with camera notifications). Can’t wait to try it.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
to be honest seeing how people drive on motorways it should be made compulsory
Wow! My experience of driving on motorways since adaptive cruise control and similar has been increasingly common has been a long stream of middle lane cruisers with their brains apparently in neutral slowing down and speeding up in unison making it difficult/dangerous to proceed at a steady speed and change lanes as normal.
I was never a fan of motorways, this makes them worse.
IMHO of course.

DJ-UK

First Name
Daz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wow! My experience of driving on motorways since adaptive cruise control and similar has been increasingly common has been a long stream of middle lane cruisers with their brains apparently in neutral slowing down and speeding up in unison making it difficult/dangerous to proceed at a steady speed and change lanes as normal.
I was never a fan of motorways, this makes them worse.
IMHO of course.
Funny, I have the same irritations; middle lane cruisers and people who can’t decide on a speed, they speed up when you go past, or slow down when they pull in front of you. I think Innodrive would dramatically improve these peoples driving, shame it doesn’t force them out of the middle lane.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Funny, I have the same irritations; middle lane cruisers and people who can’t decide on a speed, they speed up when you go past, or slow down when they pull in front of you. I think Innodrive would dramatically improve these peoples driving, shame it doesn’t force them out of the middle lane.
I think it is the middle lane drivers slowing down and speeding up that are actually using adaptive cruise control and causing the problem.

If a slower car pulls into the middle lane to overtake a truck rather than pulling into the 3rd lane to overtake it, like people used to, the whole peloton of cruisers slows down behind it, only to accelerate back up to whatever speed the front one set as soon as the slow car pulls back in.

Me travelling at a steady 70+ margin as I catch this slowing peloton pulls out to overtake only to find them all speeding back up as their adaptive cruise keeps the gap the the car in front fixed, and too small to safely pull into :(.

I never used to bother if there was a stream of cars in the middle lane as long as the 3rd was clear for me to overtake them if they were going slower than me but now they are not going a steady speed any more and often get very long as car after adaptive cruise car latches onto the peloton.

I detest adaptive cruise pelotons with a deep and intense loathing. ;)

DJ-UK

First Name
Daz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Cars defin
I think it is the middle lane drivers slowing down and speeding up that are actually using adaptive cruise control and causing the problem.

If a slower car pulls into the middle lane to overtake a truck rather than pulling into the 3rd lane to overtake it, like people used to, the whole peloton of cruisers slows down behind it, only to accelerate back up to whatever speed the front one set as soon as the slow car pulls back in.

Me travelling at a steady 70+ margin as I catch this slowing peloton pulls out to overtake only to find them all speeding back up as their adaptive cruise keeps the gap the the car in front fixed, and too small to safely pull into :(.

I never used to bother if there was a stream of cars in the middle lane as long as the 3rd was clear for me to overtake them if they were going slower than me but now they are not going a steady speed any more and often get very long as car after adaptive cruise car latches onto the peloton.

I detest adaptive cruise pelotons with a deep and intense loathing. ;)
Not my experience. When I am doing my steady speed (around the speed limit let’s say) people I pass speed up, go pass, then slow down. Clearly not cruise control. I will go passed as they have slowed down. A few minutes down the road they come passed again, this time following a car clearly going faster. When they l realise what speed they are doing, guess what, they pull in and slow down again. Same problem, but definitely not adaptive cruise.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Cars defin

Not my experience. When I am doing my steady speed (around the speed limit let’s say) people I pass speed up, go pass, then slow down. Clearly not cruise control. I will go passed as they have slowed down. A few minutes down the road they come passed again, this time following a car clearly going faster. When they l realise what speed they are doing, guess what, they pull in and slow down again. Same problem, but definitely not adaptive cruise.
I have seen driving like that and I find it super irritating too and it has happened for decades, I used to experience it 2 or 3 times on every long motorway trip.

The middle lane peloton of cars all changing speed in unison is a new phenomenon, probably noticed it first less than 5 years ago, but I have noticed it several times on every motorway trip. Thankfully I don't use motorways much any more.

DJ-UK

First Name
Daz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Focusiong on the original post this might help, seems like quite a rounded review:
Sponsored