First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Team,

like many I ordered the Porsche InnoDrive, and like many I’ve been underwhelmed. But in addition to being underwhelmed there is a pesky problem with Innodrive in that when on Innodrive cruise control there are occasional “errors” in the speed limit data - this will manifest itself by the vehicles happily going along at 65 mph (as indicated by local speed limits) and then suddenly and inexplicably slowing to 15 mph, shfting into reverse, slamming the vehicles behind you, revving the motor to really grind the dammage into the rear bumper and front grill of the car you slammed into, and then a bit further down the road returning to the posted speed limit of 65 mph (perhaps I exaggerate but you get my gist)…

this behavior has caused me to disable innodrive and “downgrade” to simple Adaptive Cruise control - honestly I don’t know what exactly I’m giving up in this situation, but it irk’s me that I had to do that...

the other day I was waiting for the wife to get us fresh bakery products and I was drilling around in the settings screens in the Taycan (of which there are many)…I found the most interesting setting screen…it’s called “regard detected speed limits” - and it’s “on“ by default - I thought to my self I’ll turn it off and see if makes things better!

I’ll report my findings after some driving experience with this new setting - but I thought I would share for the community - this might make Innodrive less capable of adjusting speed - but I’m also thinking this effectively makes innodrive the same as adaptive cruise control - so I’m still not sure what the exact differences are between Adaptive Cruise Control and Innodrive w/regard local speed limits disabled

Porsche Taycan InnoDrive autospeed adjusmtent defeat? CC946550-C630-4D0B-A8EA-897407B19905
Sponsored

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I assume it'll react to signs and stuff.
When disabled it'll only use data from Google.
I wanted to try that too but so far I'm quite happy with ACC.
Innodrive just doesn't drive as spirited like I do...

JC Mann

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman S, Tesla Model S
Country flag
I assume it'll react to signs and stuff.
When disabled it'll only use data from Google.
I wanted to try that too but so far I'm quite happy with ACC.
Innodrive just doesn't drive as spirited like I do...
In my test drives, I found LKA very poor. When I used PID, though, the Taycan kept centered in the lane almost as well as my Tesla Model S. On the interstate, I had no problems with sudden speed changes in Taycan. It can be a little disappointing, though, when it starts slowing early for the next speed limit change. I normally wait until just before the speed limit to reduce to the new limit.

Reactions: Dee

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
In my test drives, I found LKA very poor. When I used PID, though, the Taycan kept centered in the lane almost as well as my Tesla Model S. On the interstate, I had no problems with sudden speed changes in Taycan. It can be a little disappointing, though, when it starts slowing early for the next speed limit change. I normally wait until just before the speed limit to reduce to the new limit.
LKA is just a lane departure warning system that turns the wheel some to keep the car from leaving the lane. It's not a new feature & shouldn't be confused with InnoDrive's "active lane keep", which should keep the car centered in the lane. If you have InnoDrive, make sure active lane keep is turned on.

T-Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan CT4, 23 911T, 24 Rivian R1S, 71 BMW 2002
Country flag
@daveo4EV I think deactivating that option will likely fix the issue with InnoDrive rapidly decelerating in unexpected situations. Reading the manual this weekend I came across the section on InnoDrive and with “consider speed limits deactivated” the system will alert the driver to the speed change but then you have to accept it by pressing up on the control lever (RESUME) to slow the car. So, hopefully, in cases where one is on the highway at 65 mph and incorrect data suggests a speed limit of 30 mph the car would prompt you with the change but not act on it unless you accepted it. I haven’t specifically tested this but it seems promising

Porsche Taycan InnoDrive autospeed adjusmtent defeat? C4DC6E08-038C-40B8-A02B-E2AD325AEBEC

Porsche Taycan InnoDrive autospeed adjusmtent defeat? 05B5CAF2-0423-4377-9424-CBCCC7156D16