Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
Hi Chris, I am in Marin and had a quote of $3,500 a year on 100/500. May I ask what insurance company you are using for coverage?
Geico, I do 2000/1000 though since the savings over the first year more than pays for the deductible (and I assume as a Taycan owner a 2k deductible isn't that big a deal). Spotless record (so far).
Sponsored

SolitaryMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not yet!
Country flag
For anyone interested:
1645511169887.png

Shannons declined to quote because my brother, who may drive this car 4-5 times a year, has only owned SUV's, even though he regularly drives high value high performance vehicles.
Looks as though Ketut is paranoid about the battery exploding based on AAMI’s quote!

rmarsono

First Name
Rendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Looks as though Ketut is paranoid about the battery exploding based on AAMI’s quote!
Thanks for this.

My Taycan GTS arrives late July. Been quoted 6300 by Shannons and 6000 with Porsche (underwritten by Allianz). Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Garaged, max NCD, no demerits.

Going to try NRMA.

S77

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 RWD
Country flag
Got RACQ for $1700pa for a MY22 RWD - and I’m pretty happy with that.

CatWithBat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
$2,566.41 through NRMA for my 4S. Canberra based, so no Sydney tax...but clearly not as tax free as Brisbane ;)
The quote provided by the Porsche dealer was also pretty competitive. Check in with them; they may be a good option.

rmarsono

First Name
Rendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Update to my situation: finally used a broker (Lewis Insurance - Alexander Busteed) which was very helpful and friendly.

The underwriter (insurance company) is OW (One Underwriting). Premium is $4650 per year. Excess is $3500 for agreed value of $315000 which was the purchase price of the car. This is better than Porsche, QBE and Shannons but quite similar to Commonwealth Bank and NRMA. The one thing that sold me is the fact that OW is the only company that offers agreed value (instead of market value) and they are also the only one that offers new-for-old for 3 years. The others only do 2 years.

The downside is they don't offer monthly payment. Or actually they did but at 10% charge which I said no thanks so ended up paying up front.

All-in-all, happy with my decision for now. Hopefully they don't jack up the premiums too much next year.
Sponsored