First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS6,992GTS,GolfGTI
Country flag
I got £605 (UK) with Admiral - aged 50's and full NCB
My friends son works for Admiral as a grad trainee. He told me that they actually mark up ‘garaged’ cars because there are more claims with things falling from shelves etc than cars parked on a driveway. I haven’t tested the theory yet and doubt the differential is much.
Sponsored

rmarsono

First Name
Rendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
My friends son works for Admiral as a grad trainee. He told me that they actually mark up ‘garaged’ cars because there are more claims with things falling from shelves etc than cars parked on a driveway. I haven’t tested the theory yet and doubt the differential is much.
This is probably an anomaly. My policy actually stipulates that the car has to be garaged if within 500 meters of my home address between 10pm and 5am otherwise anything that happens during those times are not covered.

Taycan2023y

First Name
Sandeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I got the followings quotes. First is dawes insurance and second is MB Insurance. They were provide by the dealer. Both gave 4. Year's replacement.

Premium:$ 5,335$ 4901.88
Excess:$ 2,000$ 2,000
Special Conditions / Terms
  • Repairer of your choice
  • Four Years “New for Old” Replacement (Refer to PDS)
  • Excess free Windscreen Cover (1 Per Policy Year)
  • Hire Car following an accident and theft
  • No cover available for drivers under 30 years of age
  • The vehicle must be parked in your garage between the hours of 10pm and 5am when at your nominated address.
  • This does not apply if parked further than 500m from this address. (Please refer to the attached PDS for further clarification)
  • Repairer of your choice
  • Four Years “New for Old” Replacement (Refer to PDS)
  • Excess free Windscreen Cover (1 Per Policy Year)
  • Hire Car following an accident and theft
  • No Claims Bonus Protection
  • No cover available for drivers under 25 years of age
  • You are not insured against theft of your vehicle if parked on the street overnight at or near the parking facility you have nominated

DES_MX

First Name
DES_MX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Green Taycan4 CT
Country flag
these are some crazy prices in Australia... in Netherlands €1632 / year, and that's steep compared to my other cars. But also no crazy conditions like listed here (i.e. you can park anywhere you like any time any EU country) and also the excess is like €500 and €125 on the glass

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Around USD $1250/year with USAA UK.

The policy has the added bonus of anyone I give consent to (no need to formally add as additional driver) being able to drive the car + no annual cap on days abroad.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
So, after reading this thread, I realized I didn't check with my insurance company about the incoming car. So I called them up.

In Portugal (assuming clean sheet of at least 12 years in terms accidents with fault) full coverage is around €1k/year with a 3 year price as new option (price as new if totalled), 2k per window, 2% deductible in case of accident with fault. Unfortunately the deductible also applies to "malicious" acts which I didn't want but they're not bulging.

Company doesn't do less than 2% deductible for this price range and will need to ask for authorization from central services to make the insurance.

I have doubts about the included road assistance and loaner. Isn't Porsche supposed to also provide the same service? I always had road and travel assistance provided by my insurance so this is a new scenario for me.

CatWithBat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've had quotes from NRMA, Macquarie (from the dealer) and AAMI. Was originally with NRMA. Have moved to AAMI with slightly higher excess as the NRMA policy renewal had dropped the agreed value of the car and increased the premium by 20%. And that's with no claims or change of conditions.

Macquarie had that garaged clause previously mentioned - you had to garage the car if at home. I have a garage so no biggie, but would be a show stopper for people without.

AAMI had been stupidly expensive when I first got the car, but have revised their premiums to be more reasonable. Much cheaper than your quote @Sandeep but it depends on inclusions, car model, agreed value, location etc etc...

Taycan2023y

First Name
Sandeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I've had quotes from NRMA, Macquarie (from the dealer) and AAMI. Was originally with NRMA. Have moved to AAMI with slightly higher excess as the NRMA policy renewal had dropped the agreed value of the car and increased the premium by 20%. And that's with no claims or change of conditions.

Macquarie had that garaged clause previously mentioned - you had to garage the car if at home. I have a garage so no biggie, but would be a show stopper for people without.

AAMI had been stupidly expensive when I first got the car, but have revised their premiums to be more reasonable. Much cheaper than your quote @Sandeep but it depends on inclusions, car model, agreed value, location etc etc...
Was wondering if she has anything to do with it as I’m 34?

CatWithBat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
You're not exactly an under 25 driver. The trouble is the Australian Taycan RWD costs as much as a Taycan Turbo in some markets. The $ value to be covered is therefore high and insurance premiums equally stratospheric. My E90 M3 was more expensive to insure based on car value than my 4S.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Small update (specially for Portuguese readers here)

I consulted 3 insurance companies.

Mapfre: only wanted to insure the base car without options. Plain refused to insure car "as is". Depreciation would immediately start.

Tranquilidade: gave me a €1.5k quote with all options included. Normal depreciation, covered basically everything. No complaints regarding coverage.

Fidelidade: raised their quote to €1.2k (long story). No depreciation for the first 3 years. Most incidents covered without deductible. I went with this one. Took 6h for central services approval.

specialmn

First Name
MN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3P
Country flag
Small update (specially for Portuguese readers here)

I consulted 3 insurance companies.

Mapfre: only wanted to insure the base car without options. Plain refused to insure car "as is". Depreciation would immediately start.

Tranquilidade: gave me a €1.5k quote with all options included. Normal depreciation, covered basically everything. No complaints regarding coverage.

Fidelidade: raised their quote to €1.2k (long story). No depreciation for the first 3 years. Most incidents covered without deductible. I went with this one. Took 6h for central services approval.
Obrigado 👍 I was just looking online for this info 😁

OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
GTS with plenty of options. $4,290, $3K excess. Dawes through dealer.

MarkBNE

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’m based in Brisbane and I’m insured with RACQ. My policy I took out in March 2023 and it cost me $2,253.77 with an excess of $2246 ($1846 +$400 for high performance). I will add a screen shot of inclusions to you can compare apples with apples. As there are multiple factors that effect the final premium.
Porsche Taycan Insurance IMG_3633

OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I’m based in Brisbane and I’m insured with RACQ. My policy I took out in March 2023 and it cost me $2,253.77 with an excess of $2246 ($1846 +$400 for high performance). I will add a screen shot of inclusions to you can compare apples with apples. As there are multiple factors that effect the final premium.
IMG_3633.jpeg
Paying the Sydney insurance "tax". That said, a good friend of mine had a live break-in at their house in Brisbane last week. A pair of hooded youths looking for car keys attempting to steal their Range Rover. The pair of them did the entire street. This also happened in our street in Sydney, there was no Porsche Taycan for them to steal as it was still on the ship.

Taycan2023y

First Name
Sandeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
GTS with plenty of options. $4,290, $3K excess. Dawes through dealer.
I went with MB with dealer. Maybe it’s my location. Lots of European cars stolen in my suburb - making myrisk rating high. I stuck with 2k excess instead of 2.5k. I figured out if anything goes wrong in the taycan it will be more than $2.5k anyway.

hope you are enjoying your car. It’s more than a month and 2.5km later I still look for an excuse to go out driving
Sponsored