Interior Brake Noise - Squeaky Tennis Shoe!

mhockett

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just turned over 11k and recently discovered a noise when pressing the brake at a low speed. You all may be aware that when you press the brakes, the regen is actually what slows the car (unless aggressively pressed) and there's a switch over at some point (around 10mph and below) where the regen quits and the brakes begin. Before the noise began, other Taycan owners, including myself, have noticed this marshmallow in the braking process where the car almost felt like it wasn't going to stop. (scary)

This noise makes itself present when you gently press on the brakes to slow the car and around 10mph and below, finish the stopping process by pressing a little further (when the regen is gone and the actual brake process begins). Well now, that little switch over is generating a noise every time when coming to a normal stop. It's not super loud, but it's there - and it's not the shoes! lol. I'll attach a couple of videos. Going to ask the dealership about it.

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag
I had a similar noise, and the dealership replaced rotors and brake pads (updated pads) under warranty. Can you feel it in the brake pedal? You can also try to replicate by getting up to speed, putting the car in neutral, then stepping on the brake pedal. Just be sure not to have the brake pedal pressed when putting the car back into Drive while it is coasting.