Is Bad Service a Feature of The Porsche Experience?

FLT6LVR

First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 911S
Country flag
Having owned 2 Porsches I feel the service has been sub par. PCNA is aware and just doesn’t care. Had my wife not fallen in love w the Taycan I would have avoided Porsche because our local dealer (a flagship National dealer btw) treated me like dirt.

Much of your experience will be determined by your service advisor. Ask around and choose a good one. Ask about discounts for PCNA up front because dealer service prices are insulting. Friend of mine pays less to service his Ferrari at the local dealer than his 991.2.

Our local dealer once charged me above list price for parts while selling them online for 20-30% off. When I inquired why a local customer was charged more despite also paying for labor I was told to take a long walk off of a short pier.

F6L
Sponsored

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
I've only been to the local Porsche dealer once since taking delivery of the Taycan for the ANA update. I thought the experience was excellent and I also was sent a video showing a walk around of the car while it was on the lift and communication from the Service Advisor was fantastic !

In comparison, the worst service experiences I have ever had was from the Tesla Service Center. No communication and impossible to get a hold of. I will say though that Tesla's mobile service was excellent !

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
My dealer records videos and sends them to me for every service. Porsche service is a highlight of my ownership experience..
My servicing dealer does the same thing ^^^. Unfortunately, most times the video I receive is of someone else's car.

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
'22 4CT, '22 Audi A6 Allroad, '23 BMW i4 M50
Country flag
Herb Chambers dealerships are notorious for bad service. Great for sales as you'll usually get the best price but they're all about volume and after-sale service is poor.

Unfortunately there's not a lot of options in MA. Herb Chambers controls that area with shops in Burlington and Boston.

Further south there's Norwell and Westwood Porsche. I don't have any experience with them.

In So. NH there's Stratham Porsche. They suck. They massively overcharge for service and booking times are at least a month out. Your car will sit there for days too.

I've heard good things about Nashua Porsche but never tried them.
Interesting to hear that about Herb Chambers.
My prior sales experience -- or rather, attempted sales -- with them has been consistently terrible across their dealerships, Audi (A6 Allroad), BMW (330ex & i4 M50), and Porsche (4CT).
I've heard the same about them on other forums.

Last week I received an email out of the blue, following up on my prior interactions with them in February.
Here’s the core of the exchange, leaving out a few salutations from the dealer, but including my brief replies in their entirety, etc.:

“Are you still interested in a new Taycan 4 Cross Turismo? If you are, I have great news; would you like to know more details?”​
“Potentially yes.”​
“What would be the best number for a short call, so I can share all the details with you?”​
“Email is best.”​
“I understand that some of our clients prefer emailing. But since this is an incoming car, the scope of the details that need to be discussed exceeds the communicative capacities of a medium such as email. We want to make sure we are providing our clients with accurate and detailed information. If you decided to honor us with a few minutes of your time for a short phone conversation, please let me know.”​
“You can email me the build sheet or window sticker.”​
“It's a configurable allocation. You can build it as you like (within the framework of available options on our online configurator).”​

I would not be taking it to Herb Chambers for service, as my closest Porsche dealer is Hoffman/Hartford ... which unfortunately isn't all that close (~1 hr), and which unfortunately also doesn't seem interested in sell me a car. (My email exchange with the Hoffman/Hartford sales gm last February was baffling.)
This recent email exchange with Herb Chambers was so odd (i..e, a four-sentence explanation that email won't work, even though it then took him only four words to convey the full information) that I worry about what might ensue if I were to place an order. Plus even though I know that service and sales are totally separate, I wonder if I might receive slightly better service at Hoffman/Hartford were I to buy the car there (even though their sales don't seem to want to make a sale with me...).
Sponsored