How useful is the side mirror auto dimming feature?

perski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche C2S, CT4
Country flag
Pouring over the configurator for a final check. In Norway the auto dimming mirrors are still a $500 option. On my BMW I’m more annoyed than anything else by the side mirror dimming. I find them far too dark when they activate and you can’t easily turn it off. Less of an issue on my Porsche 997.1.

How is the side mirror dimming feature on the Taycan? Too dark or useful? Can you adjust the dimming level or turn it off altogether?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Very useful, not had an issue with the brightness and non-adjustable. Not sure I’d pay that much for them but I’ve always had same feature on all of my vehicles for decades now and always comes as part of the electric fold, heating, dipping on reverse so bundled with that.

Given you can get significant grants in Norway for EVs I’d tick the box!

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Maybe I'm in the minority but I would like to turn auto dimming mirrors off entirely. I have scoured through the PCM settings as well as the Good to Know app and can't seem to locate the on/off option. Am I missing something?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Maybe I'm in the minority but I would like to turn auto dimming mirrors off entirely. I have scoured through the PCM settings as well as the Good to Know app and can't seem to locate the on/off option. Am I missing something?
You can't.

The internal rear view mirror used to be switchable on other Porsches (switch in the mirror) but not on the Taycan.

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
You can't.

The internal rear view mirror used to be switchable on other Porsches (switch in the mirror) but not on the Taycan.
Well that’s frustrating. Thanks for the info.
Sponsored