Is it worth getting the car ceramic coated ?

SpicewoodT

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag

This is mine getting its ceramic coating. Apologies if you find it a bit boring but I enjoyed it (probably because it’s my car :) )
Thank you for sharing, it's really interesting to see the process and the amount of work that goes into it. It's making me anxious for my 4S to arrive. It's jet black with a black interior that I plan to have matte PPF applied with ceramic coating. Early March is the target!

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Kia EV9
This is a great thread! As many have said, yes, get the coating and PPF done ASAP. I had it done on my last car and sent my Taycan in to get it done from a trusted local shop 1 day after I picked it up. Along with getting the tint done, the bumper and hood wrapped, and the paint correction/ceramic coating and wheels, about 3k. Hope to be getting the back tomorrow or Tuesday (basically a week). The beauty of a car after this is done is just beyond words and often pictures cant even do it justice. The car will be so easy to clean and maintain and look absolutely stunning for years to come if taken care of right. My 2015 i had this done to still looks better than showroom cars and it had 100k+ miles on it! This is just one of those things I suggest all new car owners get done, along with dash cams if the car doesnt have a similar system already on board. Good luck!

jimshadow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, DB9, 599, Denali, X1, Tiguan
Country flag
My 4S has a full front clip Xpel wrap and CeramicPro. The prior owner did it himself and there are some spots on the car that look hazy. That happens when you don’t take your time. The car is goiNG to be polished (wet sanded) in the spring and we will have a ceramic coating reappplied by a professional. I used to do detailing back in the day before ceramics and the thing now is the time it takes to apply. I’m not that patient anymore as I want to DRIVE! :). I’ll let the pro do it and enjoy the car on the roads.
A Ceramic coating +/- PPF is a MUST for any car that you cherish.
My $0.02 FWIW

Jim

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
THIS is why you want PPF! This would have not only gone through the paint, but likely dented the hood. Avoided a repair and full repaint of the hood. The reapplication of Xpel plus 4 coats and cure of Ceramic was $650 - glad to pay it in this case.:whew: Before/after shown below.
Porsche Taycan Is it worth getting the car ceramic coated ? IMG_0336
Porsche Taycan Is it worth getting the car ceramic coated ? IMG_0338

Porsche Taycan Is it worth getting the car ceramic coated ? IMG_0400