Is the 4S downgraded or is the configurator drunk ?

Ahmad

First Name
Ahmad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S , Aston Martin rapide S
Country flag
Hi all, I went to check my ordered build for a 4S sedan and both power and battery are dropped down

Any insights is this is correct or just a mistake in the configurator ?

Porsche Taycan Is the 4S downgraded or is the configurator drunk ? 20230331_115253
Sponsored

AutobahnGTS

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Model S 100D, Model 3P
Country flag
The left one is with Performance Battery Plus while the right one is with performance Battery (standard size battery). AFAIK, this has always been this way. The larger battery allows for higher range, faster charging and more power. The motors remain the same but they produce more power with the larger battery.
So, no downgrade, just an option.

OP
OP

Ahmad

First Name
Ahmad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S , Aston Martin rapide S
Country flag
The left one is with Performance Battery Plus while the right one is with performance Battery (standard size battery). AFAIK, this has always been this way. The larger battery allows for higher range, faster charging and more power. The motors remain the same but they produce more power with the larger battery.
So, no downgrade, just an option.
In middle east there is no option for such configuration it was coming standard with 93KW , that means price went up 6% and battery and power train were degraded as well so double whammy!

AutobahnGTS

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Model S 100D, Model 3P
Country flag
In middle east there is no option for such configuration it was coming standard with 93KW , that means price went up 6% and battery and power train were degraded as well so double whammy!
I did not know about the offering in the ME being different from Europe. If it's really up 6% WITH the battery reduced to Standard (which is another €5,500 in Europe), that'd really be a big price hike.

dugbug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bmw 228i, X3
Country flag
I’m told in April configurator switches to the 2024 model so starting tomorrow everyone be on the lookout for changes :)

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag
I mean mid-year/summer sure. April is the earliest I've ever seen.
Mid summer is when deliveries start. The ordering happens in the spring.

in 2013 I ordered in March but the dealer held my order until April to get a 2014 instead of the last of the 2013's. It was delivered at the end of July.
Sponsored