To Taycan, or not Taycan? That is the question.

dragcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I’m 50 next month - and the sensible head says be sensible and get something big, quiet and comfy to cart the kids to uni in. And I know I enjoy driving a comfy cruiser.
I’m 50 next month - and the kid wants to buy a Porsche, because, well, Porsche.
A Taycan Cross Turismo 4 is what you're looking for.
Sponsored

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
So, going Taycan, has it satisfied yiour aspirations?
Do you regret it in any way?
I think posting in this forum, you already made your decision. :)

I am not a Porsche fan, and the Taycan is the first Porsche I've ever owned. But since I have ZERO regrets, I can confidently say: There is absolutely nothing wrong to once in your life own and drive a Porsche.

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Sneaky! :giggle: Comparing the two from the side, and the story is very different...
This was the car that got me thinking about trading in the Model X (which I and the family loved!) Then I drove it and had the Porsche wow moment. The arrival of the CT with bike rack and roof box made it practically possible. No regrets so far!
Porsche Taycan To Taycan, or not Taycan? That is the question. 3C5D7647-B05A-40A7-BE45-504C291F7E64

Porsche Taycan To Taycan, or not Taycan? That is the question. 957F5848-62F4-4B4D-A48A-EA52956AE9C9

OP
OP

wordsman

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 530e
Country flag
Get the Porsche or I suspect you will live to regret it...... and the tax breaks won't be around forever too.
Good point, the tax advantages are likely to reduce as more people go electric.

OP
OP

wordsman

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 530e
Country flag
T
As long as you get the bigger battery I haven’t found range to be an issue. Ive owned 5 Tesla (and one currently ) and the Taycan gets around 240 miles at 85%.
That’s reassuring, thanks. I know the non-Tesla charging is a bit hit and miss, but I won’t need to charge away from home that often. That’s partly why the Taycan is more attractive than the e-tron 55 - range that will do all my usual journeys on one charge.

OP
OP

wordsman

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 530e
Country flag
When you get asked if you are having a mid life crisis (you WILL get asked this when you buy a Porsche at that age) just point out that this is a much better way to be having your crisis than running off with another woman or disappearing to somewhere else in the world. Worked for me with the Macan… I will keep to the same answer with the Taycan. My wife even agrees ?
That’s a great strategy, love it, thanks!

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
Not had one for many years. But when I had an A3 1.8T a decade ago I got too many points in a year ? Lesson learnt.
There was a few weeks with increased focus on traffic safety where they had extra patrols on the road. At least I slowed down after that and I never went fast enough to lose my licence.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
The Taycan is insane. A Porsche is insane. If you can afford it, buy one. Really, every second driving this car puts a smile on my face. The driving experience is unlike any BMW, Audi or Mercedes.
Life is too short and there is no substitute for Porsche. Do it - enjoy it - enjoy life. :cool: ♠?

OP
OP

wordsman

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 530e
Country flag
This was the car that got me thinking about trading in the Model X (which I and the family loved!) Then I drove it and had the Porsche wow moment. The arrival of the CT with bike rack and roof box made it practically possible. No regrets so far!
3C5D7647-B05A-40A7-BE45-504C291F7E64.jpeg

957F5848-62F4-4B4D-A48A-EA52956AE9C9.jpeg
That’s my colour!

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I’d just like to say that I’ve seen my car today…and it confirms my thougths from the beginning od this thread: no, there’s no such question!
Taycan is….pure rock’n’roll :rock: …there;s no better (looking and made) one!

RobbieRed

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan cross tourismo
Country flag
I always reply that how can you say I’m having a mid life crisis because I drive a Porsche?
Every man wants to drive one from an early age, it’s only when we get a bit older that most of us can afford one.
So it’s not a mid life crisis, it’s simply that mid life is when we have the most spare cash! ??
When you get asked if you are having a mid life crisis (you WILL get asked this when you buy a Porsche at that age) just point out that this is a much better way to be having your crisis than running off with another woman or disappearing to somewhere else in the world. Worked for me with the Macan… I will keep to the same answer with the Taycan. My wife even agrees ?

OP
OP

wordsman

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 530e
Country flag
I always reply that how can you say I’m having a mid life crisis because I drive a Porsche?
Every man wants to drive one from an early age, it’s only when we get a bit older that most of us can afford one.
So it’s not a mid life crisis, it’s simply that mid life is when we have the most spare cash! ??
Too right, let’s not get stereotyped? If I’d had the money before now, I’d have already had a Porsche.

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
solid rationale there! :) I am prepping, as I will take delivery of my Taycan (and first Porsche) in November, and I turn 50 next year... hahaha If finally living out my Porsche childhood fantasy is what having a "mid-life" crisis looks like, I'm all for it! ;)
Sponsored