4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
I am very happy with my car and feel bad about the number of complaints posted here. I think its worth taking the time to put matters in perspective with a poll since those happy with their vehicle are less likely to complain. And I'd be interested in results so I know what to advise future buyers, including myself if I decide to upgrade.
Sponsored

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I’ve had a lemon in my Taycan before.
Does that count?
🍋🍋🍋

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I recently had a broken heater that was fixed within a week. CT4 delivered may 2022.

Comfort acces has some glitches. Sometimes reopening directly. Still needs a fix. Known problem but no fix available yet

I voted normal issues with a new car

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I had:’
- alarm issue (i was using known workaround, double lock until they replaced interior sensor)
- few months ago,, trunk didn’t close, had to manually close it. They got a spare part in a week.
- blank screen: two or three times after uPdate, never happened in last two or three months
- unreliable CarPlay (i found that happened almost always after iOS upgrade).

Overall, i’m more than happy with my CT4. Every ride, it put a smile on my face…actuslly even before i sit into the car. :like:
My vote: few to no issues.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I have only had mine 2 ½ weeks and done one long round trip and a lot of short errands.
I am still learning the car's many functions (and chosing to ignore those I feel I don't need)

So far perfect for what I wanted.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Perhaps I've been remarkably lucky, the current voting of nearly one third of owners reporting issues is way worse than my own experience (around 40 years) of new cars or models- including budget brands/models as well as premium ones. In fact, the only car I had any issues with was my last one- Cayenne e-Hybrid- which had a bad battery and occasional, fleeting, software glitches.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
the current voting of nearly one third of owners reporting issues is way worse than my own experience
Forums like this are not representative. At time of writing, this forum has 7,571 members. If every member is a Taycan owner (they aren't) then that would represent less then 7.5% of the global ownership.

Lets guess that two-thirds of the membership here currently have a Taycan – then its less then 5% of owners.

But it's more skewed then that. Owners with an issue are much more likely to create an account and post about their problem in the hopes of getting help and advice. So the 5% of owners aren't just evenly picked across the population – they lean heavily towards owners with issues, or at the very least unmet expectations.

Interest in the Taycan Forum is way higher then members. Again, at time of writing there are 649 people reading of which members represent 61. Meaning that only 9% of the people currently reading this forum are members – again skewing data. Potential buyers are reading, making decisions and forming opinions based on an unrepresentative viewpoint.

Polls like this for sure tell you something – but what it is – is difficult to determine.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Forums like this are not representative...
I agree with your entire post, but there's another aspect of the results that surprises me- around 90% of those who have reported issues believe that this is typical of any new car or model. That suggests that, if they've been unlucky with their Taycan, they must have been consistently unlucky with all of their cars- otherwise new car reliability/quality really is that poor.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I agree with your entire post, but there's another aspect of the results that surprises me- around 90% of those who have reported issues believe that this is typical of any new car or model. That suggests that, if they've been unlucky with their Taycan, they must have been consistently unlucky with all of their cars- otherwise new car reliability/quality really is that poor.
I see only 29,7% such users.
Most of us (+67%) said that we had just few issues…

tomtom901

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD ST
Country flag
I have only had mine 2 ½ weeks and done one long round trip and a lot of short errands.
I am still learning the car's many functions (and chosing to ignore those I feel I don't need)

So far perfect for what I wanted.
Same, coming on 4 weeks ownership soon. Still a perfect choice.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I see only 29,7% such users.
Most of us (+67%) said that we had just few issues…
Hmmm you're right, I was oversimplifying by assuming that "few to no issues" meant no significant issues (there's an unfortunate overlap in the criteria for the first two options- they aren't mutually exclusive). So I was meaning that 90% of those reporting significant issues thought it was normal for a new model or car. Even the choice of criteria for options 1 and 2 might be based on the assumption that a new model or car will have more than a few issues. The point I was trying to make was that a surprisingly high (to me) proportion of people seem to have lower expectations of the quality of new cars.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
As i described my issues, i don;t see them as serious, therefore I voted for #1.
What would be serious? Problems with battery, loosing power on a highway and similar.
If CarPlay doesn’t launch in a second…or, if i have to connect my phone again…well, that’s definitely far away “1st world problem”.

mateoosh

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S CT, MB C43
Country flag
Mine CT4s has had a seatbelt issue from the very beginning, which is itself a shame for such a brand. But dealer did a great job, fixing it within a day, giving Panamera as loaner and small gift from TechEquipment. Shit happens all around the world, the thing is, to clean things up in a right way.

ThePaddyWan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Polestar 2, Maverick
Country flag
Other than the recalls, some known issues (cracked rear glass), and some wonky Bluetooth behavior I've had no issues. Pretty happy overall.
Sponsored