First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I'm loving my 2020 Taycan - but there is one issue

when shifting into reverse my passenger side mirror actually tilts "up&out" instead of "down&in" (so you can see curbs and such) - all attempts to recalibrate it have failed?

I've tried with the feature "on" I've tried with the feature "off" -I've tried setting it's location and then using the memory buttons - nothing seems to 'fix' it's errant behavior

does anyone else have similar issue? or had these issues? have you heard about this? am I the only one?

any information would be appreciated

so far it's the one thing in addition to fixing my scratched pano-roof that I'm going to discuss for service when I bring the car in for the glass roof replacement.

thanks all!
Sponsored

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Same issue here. Mine swivels in slightly when I put the car in reverse, but it doesn’t swivel downward like I expect. Been meaning to see if I can reset it, but sounds like you’re seeing the same thing.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Genau - no I haven't but will do so right now and report back!

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
ok - it's better now and kinda sorta does the right thing - but there is some very strange interaction with the mirror directional adjustments buttons - there is the two mirror buttons near the window up/down switches - the passenger side mirror _ONLY_ goes down into the set position if the "passenger side" mirror button is selected (lit up) while in reverse -if the passenger side mirror button is not "selected" then the mirror does not go into the correct position when the car is placed in reverse

so this suggestion has solved part of my problem but the system still behaves erratically and I'm not sure how the interaction is supposed to work - I'm going to play with it some more…and report.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
ok - it's better now and kinda sorta does the right thing - but there is some very strange interaction with the mirror directional adjustments buttons - there is the two mirror buttons near the window up/down switches - the passenger side mirror _ONLY_ goes down into the set position if the "passenger side" mirror button is selected (lit up) while in reverse -if the passenger side mirror button is not "selected" then the mirror does not go into the correct position when the car is placed in reverse

so this suggestion has solved part of my problem but the system still behaves erratically and I'm not sure how the interaction is supposed to work - I'm going to play with it some more…and report.
Porsche Taycan Issue Check: Passenger side mirror doesn't point "down" when in reverse Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 7.18.42 PM
Sponsored