RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
I had to jack my Taycan recently (nail in tire) and found that the jack points need an adapter (for the floor jack) which is not a "standard" Porsche adapter. Suncoast does not seem to have one and Amazon does not seem to have one. Anybody know where these might be available?
Sponsored

OP
OP
RBGtaycan

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Same as Tesla adaptors.

-ThinkMac-
I saw that the Tesla's looked fairly close to what I needed but gotta admit I am surprised Porsche "bowed" to Tesla..I will get some..thanks very much. Bob

Vercingetorix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Am I missing something? Aren’t Tesla jackpads putting a round peg into a square hole? Aren’t BMW better?
Porsche Taycan Jack Pad adapter? 1632623203531

OP
OP
RBGtaycan

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Am I missing something? Aren’t Tesla jackpads putting a round peg into a square hole? Aren’t BMW better?
1632623203531.jpeg
the Taycan jacking locale has a hole (very roughly 5/8 inch) that "needs" a male counterpart..this does not even look close

DrT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Wow, for real you need an adapter to jack the car? Anyone got a picture of the jack point? Will I need one to change winter tyres on my CT?

Vercingetorix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
The Taycan jack from Porsche clearly shows a rectangular top. Pulling the jack pad off reveals the round hole. I’m pretty sure Porsche designed the car to be jacked with the jackpad in place. Ergo the BMW style jack pad.
Porsche Taycan Jack Pad adapter? C7235D2C-BF06-4B17-B7B6-5BB75B1FDE79
Porsche Taycan Jack Pad adapter? C7235D2C-BF06-4B17-B7B6-5BB75B1FDE79

OP
OP
RBGtaycan

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The Taycan jack from Porsche clearly shows a rectangular top. Pulling the jack pad off reveals the round hole. I’m pretty sure Porsche designed the car to be jacked with the jackpad in place. Ergo the BMW style jack pad.
C7235D2C-BF06-4B17-B7B6-5BB75B1FDE79.jpeg
C7235D2C-BF06-4B17-B7B6-5BB75B1FDE79.jpeg
I am scheduled to receive the tesla pads tomorrow and will report back....whatever works!

Vercingetorix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
I am scheduled to receive the tesla pads tomorrow and will report back....whatever works!
I’m having a hard time picturing a round Tesla fitting a square hole. The Tesla jack pads I have for my Cayman/Metris are too big in diameter (hockey puck size) to fit the square hole where the Porsche jack pad is. Even then The adapters I have would not be deep enough to clear the underbody cladding. I may go to Tap plastics and see what a urethane block would run. This cut up hockey puck is roughly 1”x1”x2.5”.

Porsche Taycan Jack Pad adapter? 174DED6C-701B-480D-B2C3-011EA56B3EA3

Porsche Taycan Jack Pad adapter? AEC287AC-2030-4BAA-918B-BA0E7D0FF161

Last edited:
OP
OP
RBGtaycan

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m having a hard time picturing a round Tesla fitting a square hole. The Tesla jack pads I have for my Cayman/Metris are too big in diameter (hockey puck size) to fit the square hole where the Porsche jack pad is. Even then The adapters I have would not be deep enough to clear the underbody cladding. I may go to Tap plastics and see what a urethane block would run. This cut up hockey puck is roughly 1”x1”x2.5”.

174DED6C-701B-480D-B2C3-011EA56B3EA3.jpeg

AEC287AC-2030-4BAA-918B-BA0E7D0FF161.jpeg
you are 100 % right..In my frustration at playing with this I managed to forget where I needed a male and where I needed a female (getting old!). I apologize

The Tesla adapter will not work.

I tried using my Porsche scissor jack (worked fine w/ my Cayman S) BUT it would need a hole drilled to be reasonably safe (and I prefer to use a hydraulic floor jack w/ an adapter)..so the search will continue. The BMW pad looks like a possibility altho I would prefer something that "locks in" the pad so it cannot slide.

Porsche Taycan Jack Pad adapter? Jack

Porsche Taycan Jack Pad adapter? JackPartNo

Vercingetorix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
you are 100 % right..In my frustration at playing with this I managed to forget where I needed a male and where I needed a female (getting old!). I apologize

The Tesla adapter will not work.

I tried using my Porsche scissor jack (worked fine w/ my Cayman S) BUT it would need a hole drilled to be reasonably safe (and I prefer to use a hydraulic floor jack w/ an adapter)..so the search will continue. The BMW pad looks like a possibility altho I would prefer something that "locks in" the pad so it cannot slide.

Jack.jpg

JackPartNo.jpg
I am working on a solution with a local supplier. Meanwhile the Mercedes square adapter seems to be the closest fit.

Porsche Taycan Jack Pad adapter? image

OP
OP
RBGtaycan

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
with a band saw and a drill press I was able to mod the BMW adapter and it fits Ok. It is crazy that it is so hard to get the right one "out of the box" - hopefully your supplier can address that . Thanks for your responsiveness and ongoing interest!

Porsche Taycan Jack Pad adapter? JackAdapter__mod_BMW

Vercingetorix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
with a band saw and a drill press I was able to mod the BMW adapter and it fits Ok. It is crazy that it is so hard to get the right one "out of the box" - hopefully your supplier can address that . Thanks for your responsiveness and ongoing interest!

JackAdapter__mod_BMW.jpg
I have ordered a later model Panamera jack socket. They use the same jack. The parts guy said they have them in the U.S. so I should get next week. When it arrives I will compare with the Taycan socket and if the same will have a mold made and plug adapters soon afterwards. The Panamera was cheaper and would possibly mean more sales both Taycan and Panamera from my supplier. I wish it was possible to just leave him one of my sockets, but it looks like I would get road crap where I don’t want it if I drive the car without. From what I can tell the e-tron GT has a different setup, but I wonder if it would be possible to use the Audi sockets on a Porsche.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Anyone found any proper jack pads for the Taycan?
Sponsored