icedup51

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY22 and Abarth 595 Trofero:
Country flag
Having read in previous posts of Display Tube 1 showing motor power and PDCC and not being able to call this up on my car, I have now found out why. It transpires there was a chip shortage to include this feature. Mine was a MY 22 4S with PCM 6, is anyone else missing this feature? I had to forgo matrix lights but didn't realise other features were omitted and have no idea if they intend to retrofit? Guess I did get electric adjustment of steering wheel which I know some went without.
Sponsored

David Bennett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf 8r
Country flag
Interested to see where this goes. I've got a 22 4S with PCM 6 and can call up PDCC but not power distribution. Your post seems to suggest they are linked to the same hardware, if I am reading it correctly. Unless they are covered by separate chips and I just got lucky with PDCC then I'm feeling the information you are getting might just be to fob you off. Everything else I ordered arrived with / on the car.

OP
OP
icedup51

icedup51

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interested to see where this goes. I've got a 22 4S with PCM 6 and can call up PDCC but not power distribution. Your post seems to suggest they are linked to the same hardware, if I am reading it correctly. Unless they are covered by separate chips and I just got lucky with PDCC then I'm feeling the information you are getting might just be to fob you off. Everything else I ordered arrived with / on the car.
If you have PDCC but not meter then assume must be different chips. The technician did say chips, so guess plural? Matrix lights was removed from the Configurator when I ordered, so knew the chip shortage there.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Having read in previous posts of Display Tube 1 showing motor power and PDCC and not being able to call this up on my car, I have now found out why. It transpires there was a chip shortage to include this feature. Mine was a MY 22 4S with PCM 6, is anyone else missing this feature? I had to forgo matrix lights but didn't realise other features were omitted and have no idea if they intend to retrofit? Guess I did get electric adjustment of steering wheel which I know some went without.
As already discussed: it’s part of software uPdate.
IMO, it’s not related to chip shortage since I had that “motor power” on display tube1 until today, when i got car back, uPdated.
PDCC (and G force) are still there.

OP
OP
icedup51

icedup51

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As already discussed: it’s part of software uPdate.
IMO, it’s not related to chip shortage since I had that “motor power” on display tube1 until today, when i got car back, uPdated.
PDCC (and G force) are still there.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
But I've never had those features!
i have my21, so i don;t know for my22.
i don’t know what kind of chip is required to display those info, but it looks that’s the reason why they don’t support display in new version.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I too am a 4S (CT) 2022 (Nov Build) and have PDCC in Tube 1 with other features however in regards the Power distribution display, I may be wrong, but I thought in other threads it was suggested that the power distribution graphic was withdrawn/discontinued vs being related as suggested here to a missing chip?

OP
OP
icedup51

icedup51

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I too am a 4S (CT) 2022 (Nov Build) and have PDCC in Tube 1 with other features however in regards the Power distribution display, I may be wrong, but I thought in other threads it was suggested that the power distribution graphic was withdrawn/discontinued vs being related as suggested here to a missing chip?
If that's the case, for that feature I understand and guess that's why may be missing with software upgrade but i still haven't got PDCC feature?

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
If that's the case, for that feature I understand and guess that's why may be missing with software upgrade but i still haven't got PDCC feature?
Does PDCC show up anywhere in your PCM menus?
Is there no evidence that your build has the PDCC option?

OP
OP
icedup51

icedup51

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Does PDCC show up anywhere in your PCM menus?
Is there no evidence that your build has the PDCC option?
Thanks, I'll look through PCM menus next time in car. Would have thought would have shown in both but who knows.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Check that the option is ticked in Displays (PCM) to list the missing ones as it may not be enabled by default.

Reactions: B61