flickroll

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I hesitate to say a thing, but here goes. I never plunked down any cash, a handshake is all it took. The Taycan is not my first Porsche, but a handshake is all it took on numero uno too, with this dealer. No cash down ever.
Sponsored

Last edited:

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
OK, just plunked down my 10%. Build should start in December and be delivered in February. This wait is going to kill me.
Don't worry, just need to keep reading our smart comments and time will fly...;)

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I hesitate to say a thing, but here goes. I never plunked down any cash, a handshake is all it took. The Taycan is not my first Porsche, but a handshake is all it took on numero uno, with this dealer. No cash down ever.
I think I look like a poor smuck, that's why my dealer wants to see the money before placing the order...

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
I think I look like a poor smuck, that's why my dealer wants to see the money before placing the order...
It varies widely by country and at least in the US, by build. If you order a weird color/PTS or load up a lower trim with options, they'll ask for more because they're worried they won't be able to move it if you flake out.

Otherwise, dealers in the US don't tend to ask for much. It's very competitive in big cities (there's four dealers within an hour of my house), so most dealers are focused on being easy to deal with.

I've never given much of a deposit but typically wire or ACH the balance before pickup. But it definitely makes a difference for them to know you vs bring a first-time buyer. My dealer has gotten progressively easier to deal with. I was just over 30 when I bought my first Porsche & look young so they were a little skeptical at first. I joked with them about it and they said they've learned not to judge because some customers with FU money will show up in jeans and flip flops. Didn't used to be that way.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I joked with them about it and they said they've learned not to judge because some customers with FU money will show up in jeans and flip flops. Didn't used to be that way.
That's like everyone in the SF Bay Area. :p Luxury dealers went through a period 20 years ago where they had to get used to poorly dressed folks with piles of cash.

Porsche has been nice, but I'm not in the same spot with them as I am with my Audi dealer.
Sponsored