AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Hello All,
New to Porsche and ordered the 4S in May
Metallic Block, 21" Mission E wheels, extended leather (black), etc...went for it! Got PPF when it is delivered from the dealer.
Dealer saying he can't give me any dates on production, etc....

Is this normal? When, based on experience in this forum, should I expect some dates? Just trying to figure out if I am being told a story and when I should start to push them a little more. Was told delivery should be early September when I ordered.

Thanks for your help!

J.
Have a read of the UK section here - deliveries are all over the place. Few had a car before lockdown and then a couple of us got our cars just after. Since then there have been posts from hundreds of disgruntled punters waiting for their cars. Porsche have no idea what they are doing TBH.
Sponsored

Cilviloze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster, MB E class, MB S class, Alphard
Country flag
Wow. That is a lot of money.... I suspect you also pay much more for the vehicle knowing the high import taxes
Yes, the price is around 2-3 times higher I think.
Based price here are 224k, 312k, 369k for 4s, turbo and turbo s. (USD)

Options like performance battery plus for 4S costs 13k, or 2 tones full leather is 8.1k, for example.

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport (2011), Range Rover (2016)
Country flag
Have a read of the UK section here - deliveries are all over the place. Few had a car before lockdown and then a couple of us got our cars just after. Since then there have been posts from hundreds of disgruntled punters waiting for their cars. Porsche have no idea what they are doing TBH.
Been waiting 10 months and have had 5 fixed delivery dates and still no car. Should have arrived last week but been told picked for quality check now so god knows when it will arrive. Good luck!!!

DragonRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Had a Taycan TTS, now have an Aston DBS, RR SVR, F-Type S, Ford Ranger Wildcat
Country flag
Been waiting 10 months and have had 5 fixed delivery dates and still no car. Should have arrived last week but been told picked for quality check now so god knows when it will arrive. Good luck!!!
Mine should be at the dealers within a week. I was also told that it had been pulled for a quality check (actually I think they just said held). It may well be this 12v battery problem or some similar fault. My car will be around 3 or 4 weeks late or, counting the COVID delay on top, Over two months.

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine should be at the dealers within a week. I was also told that it had been pulled for a quality check (actually I think they just said held). It may well be this 12v battery problem or some similar fault. My car will be around 3 or 4 weeks late or, counting the COVID delay on top, Over two months.
What I want to know is how long this “quality check” takes? It has been 11 days now and the dealer cannot get any information if or when the car will be delivered

DragonRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Had a Taycan TTS, now have an Aston DBS, RR SVR, F-Type S, Ford Ranger Wildcat
Country flag
What I want to know is how long this “quality check” takes? It has been 11 days now and the dealer cannot get any information if or when the car will be delivered
Unfortunately this is what happened to me. My car was actually built on the 3rd of June. I started chasing where it was at the end of June and was told after a few days that it was being held by Porsche for quality reasons. The dealer had no other information. I have experienced this before with Mercedes (I had ordered a C63s Edition 1 in 2016) who basically say exactly the same thing. It's annoying but you can't really blame them for the silience, any problem would annoy and worry the future owner. Anyway my car finally left Germany on the 17th. The total time it spent being held is very hard to pin down, it revolved around me chasing it but since I was told a car normally spends about 2 weeks (or less UK market) in Germany after being built the total "Quality check" delay on my specific car seemed to be somewhere between 3 and 5 weeks.

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Unfortunately this is what happened to me. My car was actually built on the 3rd of June. I started chasing where it was at the end of June and was told after a few days that it was being held by Porsche for quality reasons. The dealer had no other information. I have experienced this before with Mercedes (I had ordered a C63s Edition 1 in 2016) who basically say exactly the same thing. It's annoying but you can't really blame them for the silience, any problem would annoy and worry the future owner. Anyway my car finally left Germany on the 17th. The total time it spent being held is very hard to pin down, it revolved around me chasing it but since I was told a car normally spends about 2 weeks (or less UK market) in Germany after being built the total "Quality check" delay on my specific car seemed to be somewhere between 3 and 5 weeks.

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ouch I hope
Mine does not take that long. Was due in April and understand the Covid delay but nothing else makes sense. Will just keep chasing the dealer and hope for arrival soon

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I am a bit confused? I thought you had posted that you cancelled your order?

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Yes, the price is around 2-3 times higher I think.
Based price here are 224k, 312k, 369k for 4s, turbo and turbo s. (USD)

Options like performance battery plus for 4S costs 13k, or 2 tones full leather is 8.1k, for example.
Wow that makes my 200k 4S+ with Options cheap!

Jon Steinmetz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
OK, just plunked down my 10%. Build should start in December and be delivered in February. This wait is going to kill me.

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag
OK, just plunked down my 10%. Build should start in December and be delivered in February. This wait is going to kill me.
I hear you there. It’s been since last July for me, it just went into build (V260) today. Targeting October 23rd delivery...and then PPF & tinting...patience is definitely a challenge (and in some ways gets worse the closer the delivery gets!). Had to wait for an allocation and then delayed through the COVID shutdown..definitely took a few hits on delivery timeline. I’m getting good at waiting.
Sponsored