Hami

First Name
Hamid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I’ve tried both cup holders usually works better with the one furthest away. Honestly this level of micromanagement of the key to achieve functionality is not acceptable for this level of car!! As I mentioned this was not the case when I bought the car so something has happened to cause this poor functionality after the first year and a half.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I’ve tried both cup holders usually works better with the one furthest away. Honestly this level of micromanagement of the key to achieve functionality is not acceptable for this level of car!! As I mentioned this was not the case when I bought the car so something has happened to cause this poor functionality after the first year and a half.
Yep, farthest one.

Could be a transponder fault.

Porsche Taycan Key missing error in the car while driving Screenshot_20221202-171621_Porsche Good to know

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Do you have a cover on the fob? I did and after removing the aftermarket cover, the frequency of these errors have gone down dramatically.

OP
OP

Hami

First Name
Hamid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I suspect you are right and transponder is likely to be the issue.

The key fob holder is Porsche's own fob holder.

Porsche Taycan Key missing error in the car while driving tempImagejroBPc

OP
OP

Hami

First Name
Hamid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Finally found out what was causing the issue with key not being recognized by the car, after the car was at the dealer for 10 days. I found out that my BlackVue dash cam was interfering with the key connecting to the car. I am trying to figure out whether a software update would resolve this issue as this was not an issue in the first 2.5yrs of the car. This has only become of an issue since the major software update!
Sponsored