PCM Reboot while driving

offplan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S , bicycle , my own feet
Country flag
As title suggests. PCM rebooted while driving 30 minutes into a trip. Wireless Car play was connected but not in active use for Maps/Music, phone was not being charged wireless or wired. SoC was over 50% . The system seems to work fine after the reboot for the rest of the journey (10 minutes). There was no prior occurrence of this issue on longer drives as well as no warning about any errors. Is this something that anyone else has faced?
Sponsored

Ambroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
It happens. Software is hard (I write it on the daily). On my e-tron I had it happen three times over ~6000 miles. (Same MIB3 infotainment with a different UI.)

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
As title suggests. PCM rebooted while driving 30 minutes into a trip. Wireless Car play was connected but not in active use for Maps/Music, phone was not being charged wireless or wired. SoC was over 50% . The system seems to work fine after the reboot for the rest of the journey (10 minutes). There was no prior occurrence of this issue on longer drives as well as no warning about any errors. Is this something that anyone else has faced?
Had it once in 16 months. If this is the only problem you have with the car then nothing to worry about.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Ditto - freaked me out a bit when it happened but as you and others say, has not recurred in over 2000 driving miles since so a glitch!
Sponsored