nav1

First Name
nav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jaguar
Country flag
I’ve received my RWD taycan ; couldn’t be happier ; was trying to engage launch control -but with no luck ; spoke to dealer who said that sports chrono package is needed (which I didn’t spec) for launch control
Is that true ? I had no idea ; esp as all the headline figures for the car include launch control stats ; am I missing something or am only one who misunderstood this?
Sponsored

RRVV17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, GLS580
Country flag
I’ve received my RWD taycan ; couldn’t be happier ; was trying to engage launch control -but with no luck ; spoke to dealer who said that sports chrono package is needed (which I didn’t spec) for launch control
Is that true ? I had no idea ; esp as all the headline figures for the car include launch control stats ; am I missing something or am only one who misunderstood this?
Not true that you need sport chrono. I am not as familiar with the RWD specs but I have a 2020 Turbo, without Sport Chrono. I just have to make sure the car is in sports mode and Launch Control works just fine.

loysha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi RS E-tron GT
Country flag
No need for a sport chrono package.
launch control is available in sport mode. Put your car in sport mode and check.

I'm not sure about the RWD version, I know for sure that there is no sports chrono package in 4S launch control.

OP
OP

nav1

First Name
nav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jaguar
Country flag
No need for a sport chrono package.
launch control is available in sport mode. Put your car in sport mode and check.

I'm not sure about the RWD version, I know for sure that there is no sports chrono package in 4S launch control.
[/QUOT

I ve tried ; unless I’m doing something wrong ; I’ve put in sports put my foot on brake and accelerator pedal -doesn’t seem to activate anything -unless I’m doing it wrong??

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
Is your battery warmed up?
I know that earlier this winter I pulled out of my garage with a low battery temp between 8-12C if I recall.. Attempted to demonstrate launch control. It did not work.
Drove a few miles warmed up battery and was able to launch.
I have not found any battery temp limitations for launch control in the manual or good to know.
Procedure from good to know attached.
I believe #3 is a typo and should read Quickly release the brake pedal.
Porsche Taycan Launch control rwd 31906514-ECBC-4BA1-9567-166813C405B2

Last edited:
OP
OP

nav1

First Name
nav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jaguar
Country flag
Is your battery warmed up?
I know that earlier this winter I pulled out of my garage with a low battery temp between 8-12C if I recall.. Attempted to demonstrate launch control. It did not work.
Drove a few miles warmed up battery and was able to launch.
I have not found any battery temp limitations for launch control in the manual or good to know.
Procedure from good to know attached.

31906514-ECBC-4BA1-9567-166813C405B2.png
Thanks all I worked it out ; I wasn’t pushing the accelerator down to the floor ? sorted ! Thanks everyone again !