Leather Free GTS, please help!

Nasko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SQ8
Country flag
Hi guys,

My first post on the forum, I'm looking for some help with my future GTS ST.

I'm looking for someone as mad as me to de-GTS a GTS. Reason being I have twin one year old boys and having alcantara everywhere will just mean it'll get destroyed too soon, with them touching everything, their massive isofix chairs scratching it and so on. Plus, having seat ventilation is super important for me and that's impossible with the full race tex interior. That's why I'm looking at the alcantara and leather free mix.

My request is for some real world pictures of the leather free interior, because I suspect it looks and feels cheap and I'm torn with the decission.

Thank you for your help in advance!
Sponsored

proficient_mathematician

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Another thread with pictures here: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/feedback-leather-free-black.1268/

I almost went with the leather-free interior for my impending build, but couldn't justify the cost in the end. The real-world samples I was shown by the SA seemed to be of reasonably high quality, but I'm not convinced the net-like texture of the seats would be easy to clean if one were to spill liquids etc. on them.

OP
OP

Nasko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SQ8
Country flag
Another thread with pictures here: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/feedback-leather-free-black.1268/

I almost went with the leather-free interior for my impending build, but couldn't justify the cost in the end. The real-world samples I was shown by the SA seemed to be of reasonably high quality, but I'm not convinced the net-like texture of the seats would be easy to clean if one were to spill liquids etc. on them.
Thanks! I would expect nothing short of high quality, but honestly the centre console and door bits don't look very good do they. It doesn't make a cost difference to the GTS, just allows me to put ventilation on there. It does look hard to clean, you might be right. Well, decisions, decisions...

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Why not just do the full leather option (no cost upgrade for GTS)? The leather-free interior is full of alcantara. If you get black leather it should wear reasonably well and hide soiling. Then get a mat for the seat so the car seat doesn't damage the leather.

https://shop.porsche.com/gb/en/child-seat-mat/p/9Y004480180-B/

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It's not a cheap option just that no cow's were killed in the manufacturing process.

Racetex is hard wearing in my experience (Cayenne GTS) so I wouldn't shy away totally plus you can add a treatment for additional protection. Chances are that your child seats will be resting on the leather seat squabs and not the exclusively the racetex.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Yes
Do the stain protect on the RaceTex with Scotchguard or similar.
Vegan trim has lots of Race Tex anyway and the ‘net’ cloth is MUCH worse to keep clean. A magnet for filth.
The perforated leather seats are also a sh!t magnet.
Go full GTS. RACE TEX all the way.
Get it valeted every week. Sorted.

OP
OP

Nasko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SQ8
Country flag
Yes
Do the stain protect on the RaceTex with Scotchguard or similar.
Vegan trim has lots of Race Tex anyway and the ‘net’ cloth is MUCH worse to keep clean. A magnet for filth.
The perforated leather seats are also a sh!t magnet.
Go full GTS. RACE TEX all the way.
Get it valeted every week. Sorted.
I get my car cleaned every other, but race tex all the way means no seat ventilation which is a massive downside for me.

OP
OP

Nasko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SQ8
Country flag
Why not just do the full leather option (no cost upgrade for GTS)? The leather-free interior is full of alcantara. If you get black leather it should wear reasonably well and hide soiling. Then get a mat for the seat so the car seat doesn't damage the leather.

https://shop.porsche.com/gb/en/child-seat-mat/p/9Y004480180-B/
To be honest I just came back from a ride in my friends 4s cross turismo, because I wanted to check the luggage and rear seat space. They had a full leather saloon and I'm considering it, but I believe it'll affect the resale price and I can't underestimate that.

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Have 3 kids 4, 6, and 9 and got the GTS race-text interior. Can't tell how it will hold up obviously.

However, I can share with you that when I had perforated seats on my previous Model X, my kids made a mess with go-kurt. The mess went into the tiny little holes and can't be cleaned. Good luck with yours.

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
If you see my thread a little lower on the first page, you'll see that I was debating between the Race-Tex interior and the Leather interior for my GTS.

I went and saw a Race-Tex car last weekend and decided that I'm going to go leather.

It looks classier and cleaner
It doesn't get matted down or worn out with touch
Don't need to maintain and pamper it as much as Race-Tex
And in your case, allows you to keep the seat ventilation.

Who cares about all this "don't de-GTS a GTS" talk. It's your car and you're spending a lot on it. Make it how you want it.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
I get my car cleaned every other, but race tex all the way means no seat ventilation which is a massive downside for me.
Fair enough, it does get more Scorchio in Bulgaria than it does in Lancashire!
Race Tex is however cooler in summer and warmer in winter.
Just remember that ventilated seats are only available with 14 way seats.
That means further de-GTSing a GTS by downgrading from 18 way to 14 way
The 18 way are significantly more comfortable and supportive than the 14 way.
Particularly for a skinny 6ft/1.83m - 72kg/160lb streak like me.
I have just spent 24 hrs with a 14 way leather seat Taycan. When I sat in the middle
the side bolsters did not contact my body anywhere and I slid around in the leather.
Rubbish.
Back in the Race Tex 18 way seat GTS, it is a massive improvement.
Grippy, comfortable and supportive.

Those little ventilation holes as has been said will fill up with filth and be impossible to clean.

I have 2 scruffy, messy boys 9 and 12. The Race Tex is surviving well ........ So far!

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
That means further de-GTSing a GTS by downgrading from 18 way to 14 way
The 18 way are significantly more comfortable and supportive than the 14 way.
Particularly for a skinny 6ft/1.83m - 72kg/160lb streak like me.
This is so much personal taste and physiology. I am also 6’ but 86kg, and I bet there are more Porsche owners as fat as me than as thin as you :)
I can enjoy the 18 way on a short fast drive because of the support but, for me, the 14-way Comfort seats are well named and much more comfortable on long journeys than Sports seats.

When I looked into the GTS, much as I love a racetex and leather interior, the fact that it was only available with the Sports seats, and no ventilated, massage or non-black option made the GTS not worth the extra over a 4S for me at all.
Sponsored