Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RangeRover D350 MHEV New Disco 300D MHEW Taycan4S
Country flag
Does anybody have any info how long I can leave Taycan 4Sin garage before charging or what is the best way to ensure no problems
Sponsored

OP
OP

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Charge to 50-60% and leave it. The Taycan barely uses up % over time.
Thats reassuring as was not sure Many Thanks

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
My car was around six weeks at Porsche Centre waiting on a charger – so could not be re-charged during that time – and it lost around 1% of main battery in that time.

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
My car was around six weeks at Porsche Centre waiting on a charger – so could not be re-charged during that time – and it lost around 1% of main battery in that time.
Mine had 60 miles on it and sat in the driveway for 7 weeks, (not on a charger) after that time had 59 miles left, pretty sweet, now what kept me away from my car (broken ankle) might be the only thing that could keep me away :)

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This from Porsche Bulletin #: 2003

The Porsche Taycan is equipped with a 12-volt Lithium-Ion battery which is automatically charged
and maintained by the High-Voltage (HV) traction battery and battery electronics. When parking the
vehicle for long periods, it is recommended to leave the vehicle connected to suitable AC electric
vehicle supply equipment (the Porsche Mobile Charger or Mobile Charger Connect, for example) via
the charge port on either the driver's or passenger's side. Taycan vehicles cannot be charged using
the Charge-o-mat Pro maintainer available from Porsche Tequipment.
Instructions for leaving the vehicle parked or in storage for a period of up to 3 months:

1. Charge the main HV “traction” battery to approximately 50% before parking or storage
2. Inflate tires to minimize flat spots during storage: 51 to 58 psi (3.5 to 4.0 bar) at 68 °F
(20 °C)
3. Place the vehicle in Park and use the central display to deactivate the electric parking
brake
o Block the wheels to prevent the vehicle from rolling
o Settings -> Vehicle -> Parking brake
4. Ensure all Charging Timers are deactivated via the central display
5. Configure and activate the “General charging profile”
o Set the high-voltage battery to charge to 85% to reduce aging and wear and tear of the
high-voltage battery
o Select the “Optimize Charging” radio button
o Check the box to activate “General charging profile”
6. Close windows, front and rear lids and doors
7. Switch off the vehicle
8. Connect the vehicle to suitable Level 2 electric vehicle supply equipment (the Porsche
Mobile Charger or Mobile Charger Connect, for example)
9. Lock the vehicle using the key remote
10. Store the vehicle key at least 30 feet (10 meters) away from the vehicle
11. Avoid repeated or prolonged use of the Porsche Connect smartphone app. Establishing a
connection between the app and the vehicle can lead to a discharged 12-volt battery
12. If possible, ambient temperature for the vehicle should be between approx. 32 and 68 °F (0 -
20 °C) during storage
If it is not possible to connect the vehicle to suitable electric vehicle supply equipment
Follow the instructions detailed above, with the following exception:

1. Check the high-voltage battery at least every three months and ensure it never falls below
20%; recharge the vehicle if necessary
If leaving the vehicle parked or in storage for a period greater than 3 months, contact an
authorized Porsche dealer for further information and advice.

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
My own experience is about 1% of SoC loss per month. FWIW, I do switch off the interior monitoring and refrain from checking the car's status via the Porsche Connect app.
I agree, I think this is the biggest drain on the 12v, the connect app, I try not to use it unless I am charging and mine has been flawless.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Does anybody have any info how long I can leave Taycan 4Sin garage before charging or what is the best way to ensure no problems
This may not be relevant but with my plug in hybrid the limitation is the 12 volt battery, not the traction battery.
If left long enough the 12volt battery doesn't have enough voltage to boot the electronics and then the traction battery, which recharges the 12 volt system, doesn't get connected.
On EVs the 12 volt battery, needed for the entertainment system sat nav and linking to software, tends to be much smaller than the batteries we are used to in IC engined cars so are vulnerable to going flat.

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I left my car the entire summer (3mo+) without any problems. At on point I had my parents come by and drive it for 30min (after it sat there for 6 weeks), and then after another 6 weeks I had them hook up a battery maintainer. However, I don't think either were necessary, 12V seemed to have a decent charge (I was just nervous since my Panamera would have the 12V die pretty quickly). The main batter (not 12V), only dropped about 1% of charge per week.

OP
OP

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This from Porsche Bulletin #: 2003

The Porsche Taycan is equipped with a 12-volt Lithium-Ion battery which is automatically charged
and maintained by the High-Voltage (HV) traction battery and battery electronics. When parking the
vehicle for long periods, it is recommended to leave the vehicle connected to suitable AC electric
vehicle supply equipment (the Porsche Mobile Charger or Mobile Charger Connect, for example) via
the charge port on either the driver's or passenger's side. Taycan vehicles cannot be charged using
the Charge-o-mat Pro maintainer available from Porsche Tequipment.
Instructions for leaving the vehicle parked or in storage for a period of up to 3 months:

1. Charge the main HV “traction” battery to approximately 50% before parking or storage
2. Inflate tires to minimize flat spots during storage: 51 to 58 psi (3.5 to 4.0 bar) at 68 °F
(20 °C)
3. Place the vehicle in Park and use the central display to deactivate the electric parking
brake
o Block the wheels to prevent the vehicle from rolling
o Settings -> Vehicle -> Parking brake
4. Ensure all Charging Timers are deactivated via the central display
5. Configure and activate the “General charging profile”
o Set the high-voltage battery to charge to 85% to reduce aging and wear and tear of the
high-voltage battery
o Select the “Optimize Charging” radio button
o Check the box to activate “General charging profile”
6. Close windows, front and rear lids and doors
7. Switch off the vehicle
8. Connect the vehicle to suitable Level 2 electric vehicle supply equipment (the Porsche
Mobile Charger or Mobile Charger Connect, for example)
9. Lock the vehicle using the key remote
10. Store the vehicle key at least 30 feet (10 meters) away from the vehicle
11. Avoid repeated or prolonged use of the Porsche Connect smartphone app. Establishing a
connection between the app and the vehicle can lead to a discharged 12-volt battery
12. If possible, ambient temperature for the vehicle should be between approx. 32 and 68 °F (0 -
20 °C) during storage
If it is not possible to connect the vehicle to suitable electric vehicle supply equipment
Follow the instructions detailed above, with the following exception:

1. Check the high-voltage battery at least every three months and ensure it never falls below
20%; recharge the vehicle if necessary
If leaving the vehicle parked or in storage for a period greater than 3 months, contact an
authorized Porsche dealer for further information and advice.

OP
OP

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Seems that the 12 volt battery is the weak link in storing car could this tickle charge through the 12 volt socket in the car

majugo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo., McLaren 675lt, Lotus elise race car, Honda Cfv, Mercedes slk 300, Peugeot 107; Fiat Panda
Country flag
Seems that the 12 volt battery is the weak link in storing car could this tickle charge through the 12 volt socket in the car
I bought a Taycan Turbo, and every time I left it three or four days, the 12v battery went flat. One way or another it failed on me seven times and I gave the car back for a full refund. I enjoyed the car immensely but it was utterly unreliable. HOWEVER I miss it loads and have now expressed an interest in buying a GTS. Is it really true that the 12v will now keep charge from the main battery, because this was certainly NOT true for my turbo bought Nov 20?

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I bought a Taycan Turbo, and every time I left it three or four days, the 12v battery went flat. One way or another it failed on me seven times and I gave the car back for a full refund. I enjoyed the car immensely but it was utterly unreliable. HOWEVER I miss it loads and have now expressed an interest in buying a GTS. Is it really true that the 12v will now keep charge from the main battery, because this was certainly NOT true for my turbo bought Nov 20?
The AMB5/AMB6 software updates released around May 2021 seems to have nearly eliminated 12V battery drain issues, or at least people posting about them on this forum. There was also an issue where the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect power line communication feature (PLC) would drain the 12V battery, and the resolution was addressed in this bulletin: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10186493-0001.pdf.
Sponsored