Long-term storage?

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
I am not sure if you can reboot the PMCC remotely (I doubt it), or read the error message remotely (probably not since the PMCC is on the wifi network at the house, not the wifi network where I was for the prior 5 weeks). This was my first time away since I had the 14-50 outlet and 50A breaker installed. Even if I could do something remotely, I probably would not have done anything remotely in case it was something serious. The error message is pretty interesting. It says the circuit breaker was triggered. In fact the breaker was fine. It seems like a storm related power failure at the house. If the breaker was actually triggered, how would it even display anything since no power would be flowing to the PMCC from the outlet?
Sponsored

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I've received that message several times but mainly when I initially plug the charger into my car. Simple unplug, wait 10 seconds and replug clears the error but don't understand what's triggering it in the first place.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The breaker tripped is probably because the PMCC lost power, and it assumes it's because the breaker was tripped.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Question related to long(er) term storage (1 month+) - leave traction charger plugged in, or no? Porsche sales guy said yes, but that makes me oddly nervous. As someone mentioned, I haven't seen much drain off the 85% target when left for a few days, so I imagine the drain over month+ would be low. Am going to do the trickle-charge setup on the 12V system.
I did not touch my Taycan for exactly 3 weeks. Just parked it without charging:

Porsche Taycan Long-term storage? 1610885154170

It showed 53% SoC with remaining range of 250km. Temperature was 19°C. Then 3 weeks later:

Porsche Taycan Long-term storage? 1610885199466

I got into the car and found 52% SoC, but only "lost" 1km of range, which is nothing and could simply be because of a drop in temperature to about 14°C.

I am relieved that I can use my Taycan like an ICE.