Leave scratch or have it repainted? (purchasing a CPO)

iampgc

First Name
Pallo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E GTPE
Country flag
I am in the process of buying a Neptune Blue CPO Taycan 4S. Put the deposit down already and they are getting the car ready for me to pick up.

The brand ambassador I am working with indicates that she saw a deep scratch on the car (pic below) and said they can repaint it prior to pick up but it will add 3 days. Should I have it repainted or keep as is?

Porsche Taycan Leave scratch or have it repainted? (purchasing a CPO) IMG_20220901_194503
Sponsored

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Painted for free? I'd take them up on the offer. The respray will also remove any rock chips. 3 days is like nothing IMO, I'm kind of surprised they could turn it around that quickly

Not sure if I'd pay for it though

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I would definitely do it for free. I would probably also pay up to 1 or 2 hundred dollars. You’ll kick yourself over 3 days later.

But if they want to charge a lot for it I would probably skip it. I find these things bother me a lot when I first see them and then I get used to them quickly and move on.

OP
OP

iampgc

First Name
Pallo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Thanks for the recommendation. It would be free.

I've just heard people say it is best to keep original paint untouched but this ain't a collector's item.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Thanks for the recommendation. It would be free.

I've just heard people say it is best to keep original paint untouched but this ain't a collector's item.
I’ve had things like bumpers and doors repainted lots of times. It’s no big deal and a with a good shop, you won’t even be able to tell. I’d much rather have a repaint than that scratch. And if it’s free, then it’s a no-brainer.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Especially for front bumpers, it's pretty common to get them repainted eventually, even for high end cars. Unless it's super limited production, people understand why the front gets resprayed in the same color to remove rock chips

OP
OP

iampgc

First Name
Pallo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Yeah first Porsche so things that I probably didn't really care about are magnified.

BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
I would definitely do it for free. I would probably also pay up to 1 or 2 hundred dollars. You’ll kick yourself over 3 days later.

But if they want to charge a lot for it I would probably skip it. I find these things bother me a lot when I first see them and then I get used to them quickly and move on.
Agree with above….minus the get used to it and quickly move on part. Deep scratch on my Taycan = deep scratch on my soul. PPF is where it’s at.

OP
OP

iampgc

First Name
Pallo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Agree with above….minus the get used to it and quickly move on part. Deep scratch on my Taycan = deep scratch on my soul. PPF is where it’s at.
Yup. Since they are repainting the bumper, going to get full front PPF.

AHayat

First Name
Amjad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF, Audi A7 Comp Edition, CLS53 AMG
Country flag
I am in the process of buying a Neptune Blue CPO Taycan 4S. Put the deposit down already and they are getting the car ready for me to pick up.

The brand ambassador I am working with indicates that she saw a deep scratch on the car (pic below) and said they can repaint it prior to pick up but it will add 3 days. Should I have it repainted or keep as is?

IMG_20220901_194503.jpg
Absolutely, get it done, free or not, will annoy you all the time

BurntToast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1986 944 turbo and 2022 Taycan GTS (soon)
Country flag
Ask if they'll warranty the work and if so, get it in writing even if just in an email. I had something similar happen with an Audi and the paint started peeling after about 2 months.

WarryBhite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S, BMW IX3
Country flag
Get it painted... The moment you show the car to family, friends, coworkers and they point out THAT scratch you'll kick yourself for not having it fixed for free...

3 days more of anticipatingly reading this forum prior to delivery ;)

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
I would insist that the repaint/repair is not placed on Carfax. You will have to explain it away later. Be sure to save images of the before and after for a future sale.

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Ask if they'll warranty the work and if so, get it in writing even if just in an email. I had something similar happen with an Audi and the paint started peeling after about 2 months.
agree with this. The repair paint job on my damaged roof bars peeled off the next time I put the box on. Take pictures fit your records as well
Sponsored