Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RangeRover D350 MHEV New Disco 300D MHEW Taycan4S
Country flag
Hello everyone, I’m new to this forum and have appreciated everyone’s insight on all of the other posts.

I have a couple of questions regarding everyone’s experience with the Taycan as I am hoping to place my order soon.

1) I currently drive a current model M5 and tbh, I never drive it to its capabilities but I do appreciate a good handling car. Furthermore I think much of my satisfaction comes from just hearing the exhaust note. Have any of you who have come from an ICE car felt the sport sound at least replaced some of this feeling? Any regrets?

2)I’ve Always wanted a Porsche and like the idea of going electric but still a bit uncertain. I’m also considering an RS6 but again really for the look and exhaust. I am think of getting a Taycan 4S CT which I do also think looks amazing But any thoughts between the two would be appreciated.

thanks In advance
Sponsored

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi Everyone

I have also just placed order for 4S and we have a few weeks to change spec before factory confirms build does anybody have any reviews on rear wheel steering also 3d surround view or must have optionals besides battery

andreasbiebl

First Name
Andreas Biebl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Porsche 911S, 1991 C4, 2018 Macan Turbo PP
Country flag
Welcome to the forum.

In my case, I'm coming from both a Tesla Model S and a 1997 Porsche 911 (air-cooled). As I've written in earlier posts, it's as if my Tesla and my 911 had wild, passionate unprotected sex one hot winter night in my garage, resulting 9 months later (because that's how long it took to arrive) in the delivery of my Taycan 4S.

The car is, in a word, fantastic! Quick as a jackrabbit on steroids, nimble as a jaguar on the Serengetti, the Taycan will definitely fulfill and scratch your sports car lust big time.

The fit and finish are second to none and the design is superlative.

As far as your auditory needs are concerned, I believe the Taycan delivers in spades. You can option the Sports Sound for $500 if you desire a Star Wars Millenium Falcon type sound effect, but frankly, I find the Sports Sound annoying and have turned it off. The native, natural sounds of the Taycan are more pronounced than they were in my Tesla and sound fantastic and futuristic without popping an extra 5 bills for some artificial MP3 file.

As far as transitioning from an ICE car to an electric car like the Taycan, my feeling is that you'll have a bit of a learning curve to overcome. Right now, you're completely used to finding gas stations almost at will and without much thought. Driving an electric car like the Taycan requires a different mindset if you take frequent road trips. This most accurate analogy I can make is that it's like flying a small airplane, and that requires some planning in advance to successfully go from point A to point B without fuel exhaustion or range anxiety. The Taycan, and many apps, make this a breeze and I don't believe it's a huge hurdle to overcome. It's just something you have to get used to and plan for.

As for around town, it's again actually much better than an ICE car because unless you live in a gas station, you're going to fill up every now and then. Most Taycan owners (and EV owners in general) charge at home. It's incredibly inexpensive to do so and totally convenient. Just think of it as your laptop or iPhone--you plug it in when you get home, it's as simple as that, and in the morning, you hit the road without having to deal with janky gas pumps and carcinogenic fumes.

Finally, there is the maintenance and in a word, there really is none to speak of. No tune-ups, no oil changes, no belts to replace, no transmission fluids to flush. The Taycan is quite literally nearly maintenance-free. Porsche doesn't even recommend a brake job until you hit 60000 miles, because the recuperation is incredibly effective at slowing the car. Unless you drive like a crazed maniac who watched back-to-back Fast and Furious films for 8 hours and you're all hyped up, your Taycan will basically cost you nearly nothing in maintenance, unlike your BMW which I'll wager sets you back a minimum $1000 every time you drop by the dealer for some work.

My only criticism of the Taycan lies in its software. Again, there's a bit of a learning curve that comes with that and some of it is downright confusing. In the two weeks, I've had my car, I'm slowly becoming master of my domain and getting used to the eccentricities of the Taycan’s software and I'm actually beginning to appreciate it on some level.

When you're ready to order your Taycan, post the build on the forum to get some feedback from everyone on what's necessary and what's over-the-top. I learned a ton about the car from these guys and it's truly a resource to cherish.
Great write-up. Do you still have your 993? I suppose that can never be replaced for its driving experience. I am considering moving from a Macan Turbo Performance Package to the Taycan Cross Turismo sometime next year. For the occasional weekend drive, I have a 964 but that is also a handful to maintain.

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi Everyone

I have also just placed order for 4S and we have a few weeks to change spec before factory confirms build does anybody have any reviews on rear wheel steering also 3d surround view or must have optionals besides battery
Must have options are really personal. For me:

Premium package - has 14 way ventilated seats, pano roof, Bose sound, lane change assist, PDLS lights
Adaptive cruise
Door sill guards in black (free)
20” wheels
Window trim in high gloss black

Nice to haves were power mirrors, Porsche crest on front headrests and coloured Porsche logo on wheels (very cheap options), sport sound and powered charge port covers

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Must have options are really personal. For me:

Premium package - has 14 way ventilated seats, pano roof, Bose sound, lane change assist, PDLS lights
Adaptive cruise
Door sill guards in black (free)
20” wheels
Window trim in high gloss black

Nice to haves were power mirrors, Porsche crest on front headrests and coloured Porsche logo on wheels (very cheap options), sport sound and powered charge port covers

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for reply and will consider

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Great write-up. Do you still have your 993? I suppose that can never be replaced for its driving experience. I am considering moving from a Macan Turbo Performance Package to the Taycan Cross Turismo sometime next year. For the occasional weekend drive, I have a 964 but that is also a handful to maintain.
Alas, marital harmony required me to sell the 993 in order to buy the Taycan. And truth be told, I should never have agreed to such an onerous and diabolical agreement. I deeply regret it, despite the fact that I truly love my Taycan. My 993 was so “vinyl” to the Taycan’s digital, if you catch my analogy.

andreasbiebl

First Name
Andreas Biebl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Porsche 911S, 1991 C4, 2018 Macan Turbo PP
Country flag
Alas, marital harmony required me to sell the 993 in order to buy the Taycan. And truth be told, I should never have agreed to such an onerous and diabolical agreement. I deeply regret it, despite the fact that I truly love my Taycan. My 993 was so “vinyl” to the Taycan’s digital, if you catch my analogy.
Thanks for your response, I 100% get it!

Deleted member 1697

of this feeling? Any regrets?
Warm welcome in this forum !
I used to drive M5 for years...
super sedan closer to perfection at each generation in its way

driving a Taycan for 6 month, I can say : M5 is so noisy. my wife always ask how damn have we tolerate so much noise on highway ? be sure you won't regret the sound.
(you won't regret the smell of the gazoline on your hands either)
look at the relative decrease in Panamera sales...

warning
on highway, at high speed (>100MPH) acceleration of M5 is greater than Taycan Turbo)
I miss some more power at high speed. don't be disappointed with a 4s (even it is stupid to floor at this out-the-law speed)
Sponsored