Lock in pricing on deposit?

Fletch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4S, ‘21 Defender 110
Country flag
So i put in a deposit for a CT4S. It’s for an early 2022 allocation to be delivered around April (works out nicely thats when my lease is up).

We didn’t really talk price - i assume they really aren’t moving off of MSRP, and to be honest i can’t really think of any leverage i have on a custom order at a time when there are 0 allocations left this year and i have 1 of the 2 for early next year. There are no CT’s even coming this year.

But then i started to worry that I’d wait until April and they would pull some kind of MSRP markup. Has anyone heard of such a thing? Do people typically put some kind of ‘not to exceed’ type language on price? Already paid the 5k so not sure how to go back and deal with that or if its even necessary
Sponsored

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I was worried about the car being above MSRP when I put down a deposit and asked the dealer about it specifically.

They said they would be selling it at MSRP and included a note in the purchase agreement for the car when I placed my deposit.

I don’t know if it actually meant anything or not though. I also didn’t ask for it to be in writing. That’s just what they did, presumably because of the prior discussion.

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
I negotiated my price with Porsche Austin at the time, then once we agreed on price I put down the deposit. I had them send paperwork showing the price we agreed upon.
Sponsored