Long term Taycan owners: Are you still enjoying the car every day? Does it still feel special?

bdc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Here are my impressions of the CT4 after 25.000 km (15,500 miles).

Porsche Taycan Long term Taycan owners: Are you still enjoying the car every day? Does it still feel special? ct

The good
  • Design. Still looks incredible to me after 1.5 years. A lot of people on the sidewalks seem to agree 😅
  • The chassis. Incredible handling for a car this size and weight. I tracked it in Hockenheim for the first time a few weeks ago and I was blown away with the handling.
  • Smart lift. Super convient and reliable. My driveway is very steep so it's indispensable for me.
  • Charging at home. Such a bliss to plug your car at night and forget about it. I wouldn't get a EV if I wasn't able to charge it at home, even though the charging network in Europe is in my experience much better than in the US or UK.
  • Snow. With the CT's ground clearance, all-wheel drive and snow tires, it's very capable in snowy conditions.
  • The sound system. Vey happy with the BOSE sound system.
  • Comfort. The seats, the silence, the driving position, the visibility and the suspension make for a very comfy drive on long distances.
  • Profiles. Takes a while to fully understand the way timers and profiles work but they're awesome on you figure it out.
  • The space. Roughly between a BMW Series 3 and 5, perfect for a small family.

The bad
  • Grit. I often get small gravel and dust stuck into the ventilation (I think). The car tries to get it out when you unlock it but some of it stays stuck, and I need to go to the dealership so they can clean it manually. Shouldn't happen in a car literally named "Cross Turismo".
  • Trunk sealing. At some point my trunk wouldn't open or close because some water got into its electronics. They replaced it under warranty but I'm worried it could occur again.
  • Auto lock/clock. Erratic behavior. I still don't fully understand why the car sometimes locks or unlocks itself for no specific reason.
  • Reverse. I find the acceleration in reverse pretty abrupt. The first few feet aren't smooth, resulting in a slightly hazardous acceleration.
  • App. The connection from the app to the car got significantly better over time but it's still slow and somewhat unreliable.

The ugly
  • Navigation planning. I don't think I need to repeat what has already been documented in many, many posts. I tried to rely on the built in navigation and charging recommendations once. Never again. Long trips need to be planned in advance. Thankfully, ABRP solves most of it.
  • The rear camera. Probably the only thing in the car that feels completely out of place, as if it came from the cheapest and oldest entry-level car. It's pretty much unusable. The quality is terrible, the image distortion is just as bad, and the lens gets super dirty very quickly, making the entire thing blurry and muddy. Paired with the difficult reverse mode, and parking becomes a real challenge!
Sponsored

Dylan_X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
owning the gts for 7 months and almost 10K km.
Great car, fun to drive, and able to give u the excitement of driving a car as a Porsche way.
But, the rearview camera is so unbelievably hard to watch, thanks to the 360 camera, it saves me a lot. Sometimes it will give you trouble with the cooling/heating system, driving assist disabled warnings, screen glitches, and system restart kind of issues. And particularly, the Porsche mobile charger plus is so suck and stupid, and it charges you almost 3K after tax. and it's even worse than an $800 charger on Amazon. so dam suck.
but as for a driver's car, it's perfect.

OP
OP

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
Thanks you for everyone’s reply. After three years of procrastination and waiting on the side lines I have finally picked up a Taycan. It’s my wife’s car and ended up opting for the turbo variant. On my 14 hour drive home I got very accustomed to the car and am extremely happy with it. Now the wife just needs to get her opinion on it.
I will say the reverse camera is garbage which everyone already knows. Was surprised that the trip planner worked better then expected but still had my back up routes planned prior. So far nothing but good things to say. Car performs flawlessly over the road trip with just a few rattles I need to track down.

Porsche Taycan Long term Taycan owners: Are you still enjoying the car every day? Does it still feel special? IMG_2225

Porsche Taycan Long term Taycan owners: Are you still enjoying the car every day? Does it still feel special? IMG_2233

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks you for everyone’s reply. After three years of procrastination and waiting on the side lines I have finally picked up a Taycan. It’s my wife’s car and ended up opting for the turbo variant. On my 14 hour drive home I got very accustomed to the car and am extremely happy with it. Now the wife just needs to get her opinion on it.
I will say the reverse camera is garbage which everyone already knows. Was surprised that the trip planner worked better then expected but still had my back up routes planned prior. So far nothing but good things to say. Car performs flawlessly over the road trip with just a few rattles I need to track down.

IMG_2225.jpeg

IMG_2233.jpeg
Congrats! You picked the best colour too:)

The reverse camera and in general the 360 view has been the one and only unreliable aspect for me after around a year of ownership.