lowering e-tron GT

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
They make setting that work in very specific operating parameters. Yes, range mode lowers it even more, but if you've ever hit a bump in highway speed in range mode the impact to the entire car is way more jarring than if you were in sport low or normal. The vertical G shock is enough to trigger my dashcam. If you're driving in 100% smooth highways and don't have to worry about bump or holes from repair, then yes, you can probably get away with it.

Also, the Chassis settings you have there is adjusting the equivalent of valving in the dampers. It affects the rate of oscillation. When you lower, you are reducing travel. The concern that I have with lower is the reduction of travel and you end up bottoming the chassis against the suspension which creates MORE shock to the chassis. This is where you start damaging things cause you're asking for things that aren't meant to compress to compress.
So don't lower your car then.
Problem solved. 👍🏻

I've driven 20.000km with my 10mm lowered car, no problem whatsoever.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

taycanlovers

Banned
First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
They make setting that work in very specific operating parameters. Yes, range mode lowers it even more, but if you've ever hit a bump in highway speed in range mode the impact to the entire car is way more jarring than if you were in sport low or normal. The vertical G shock is enough to trigger my dashcam. If you're driving in 100% smooth highways and don't have to worry about bump or holes from repair, then yes, you can probably get away with it.

Also, the Chassis settings you have there is adjusting the equivalent of valving in the dampers. It affects the rate of oscillation. When you lower, you are reducing travel. The concern that I have with lower is the reduction of travel and you end up bottoming the chassis against the suspension which creates MORE shock to the chassis. This is where you start damaging things cause you're asking for things that aren't meant to compress to compress.
what the hell you are writing here ? :D

you are sitting in an extraordinary developed car which has more electronical specifications as you can ever imagine, so dont care about the dumper end position. the car does all to not get to this level!