Pjjameso

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Has anyone experienced random LTE dropouts after the last set of updates? My LTE phone always has signal but the onboard cell drops intermittently at no particular location. I’m in DC area, I’m thinking something funky is going on with the head unit as signal strength is always good on my iPhone.
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Has anyone experienced random LTE dropouts after the last set of updates? My LTE phone always has signal but the onboard cell drops intermittently at no particular location. I’m in DC area, I’m thinking something funky is going on with the head unit as signal strength is always good on my iPhone.
Could the car and your phone be on different networks?? Check in the settings which network your car logs on to.

I have had similar experiences but been able to get a roaming phone to check the coverage on the cars network. And then it shows no coverage on the phone.

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I had a permanent drop-out of LTE after the last update. Dealer said it can be a symptom of the update, and applied another update last week (no recall reference number) and has, so far, been fine. If yours is only intermittently dropping-out though, it may be something else.
Sponsored