Map View in Instrument Cluster blank/not showing

jimtoniq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
Have my 4s CT since beginning of October and the only real issue I have sofar is the „false alarm“.

Now after 6 weeks the map view in the instrument cluster has suddenly stopped working. It is just black/empty. Both views map and extended map just show a black area where the map usually shows.

I have already reset the PCM, installed all updates and have even done a reboot through „Engineering mode“. Nothing helps to bring the map back.

The map in the main screen and passenger screens both work fine.

I have searched the forum and found two entries with a similar error but in both cases the issue self resolved after parking the car for a while.

In my case the issue resides even after a couple of days now. Any ideas? Will call the dealership tomorrow but am not fond on leaving the car for a couple of days.
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Same here on Sunday morning (temperature +1 degrees Celsius, probably minus during the night).
Car was parked under the roof, but not in the garage, with lots of humidity all over.
When I put in reverse, all screens (including passengers) became black... no camera, no nothing... then I put to Drive, proceed slowly about 100m... screens started ....

Speaking about screens.
Today, passengers screen displays map even if I was alone in the car.
Usually it goes off (just white Taycan logo) after few meters, while today it shows the map during whole (45minutes) trip.

And another strange situation: once (I didn't press anything), the central screen (in the middle) starts to display satelitte view of map, not just plain, 2D... and I was not able to change/switch to any other option. Next day, it was back again (2D) and I have no idea how to get that back on the screen again.

OP
OP
jimtoniq

jimtoniq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
My car was at the dealership because the map was not coming back. Solution was to battery reset the Instrument Cluster and relearn it to the car.

chenner

First Name
B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My car was at the dealership because the map was not coming back. Solution was to battery reset the Instrument Cluster and relearn it to the car.
I'm experiencing this same problem today.

Now that you know the fix is this something I can do myself or does it require a trip to the dealer?

OP
OP
jimtoniq

jimtoniq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
I'm experiencing this same problem today.

Now that you know the fix is this something I can do myself or does it require a trip to the dealer?
The disconnecting of the 12v battery is always risky in terms of one of the systems not reconnecting properly. My dealer said that the official procedure from Porsche was not only to dis-reconnect the battery but also to reprogram the instrument cluster to the car. I assume this needs to be done for the problem not to return. IMHO I would bring it to the dealership. You can probably wait for it to be done.

chenner

First Name
B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The disconnecting of the 12v battery is always risky in terms of one of the systems not reconnecting properly. My dealer said that the official procedure from Porsche was not only to dis-reconnect the battery but also to reprogram the instrument cluster to the car. I assume this needs to be done for the problem not to return. IMHO I would bring it to the dealership. You can probably wait for it to be done.
great, thank you for the info.
Sponsored