Heezy

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hello, I am currently searching for new tires for the Sumer.
I have the 21 inch Wheels and I wanted to use the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Tires ?

Any Advice because I just found these tires for the back wheels but not the front.

I think every Porsche comes with the Pilot Sport Cup 2

Any Advice or what do you think ?
Sponsored

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
I think a Taycan would destroy them in 5mins 😁

OP
OP
Heezy

Heezy

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I think a Taycan would destroy them in 5mins 😁

I dont think so because many cars do have them and they are meant for track use ... 😅
What tires would you recommend?

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I dont think so because many cars do have them and they are meant for track use ... 😅
What tires would you recommend?
Many cars that weigh 2.3 tonnes? And have, what, 600bhp/800nM torque??

I love Michelin Pilot Supersports (I think they're on gen5 now), but not sure they're N rated? Have had them on a few different cars.

My Taycan has Goodyear Eagle F1s on currently and grip is not a problem. Yet to use it in really wet/cold conditions though.

LostInterest123

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw m2
Country flag
You absolutely do not need MPS Cup 2 tyres. Have the eagle F1 on my GTS and grip has never been an issue, even in very wet conditions.

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
I would not go cup tires. They are not rated for how much the Taycan weighs and with all that torque will go through those tires very fast. If you want a performance tire just get the Michelin PS5S

OP
OP
Heezy

Heezy

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Does anyone know about the Pirelli p Zero Rosso or should I just go with the Eagle F1 ?

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Only GT cars come with the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires. Everthing else comes with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Does anyone know about the Pirelli p Zero Rosso or should I just go with the Eagle F1 ?
Depends on your preference really. Both are very good tyres.

The pirelli tyre is a stickier tyre and will increase your consumption (decrease your range) and will wear faster. The Eagle Assy 5 tyres are very good for grip ,noise level and long lasting. Never felt any issues in the wet.

All of mentioned the summer tyres will get quite hard and loose grip once the temperature gets to 5 C and below.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Will never have Pirellis again having had two cars that came with them, and them being utter dross in pretty much every department. Especially wet weather performance (one of the most important for me).

The last car I had that came with them (Maserati GT) I swapped them out after a few hundred miles despite them being not that far off new.

I've had Michelin Pilot Supersports (not Cup) on all sorts of cars (F355, Aston V8, Audi RS4, TVR Griffith, 911) and they've always been excellent. (Current Goodyears on the Taycan are OK too... But when worn, will see if there's an N rated Michelin option).

OP
OP
Heezy

Heezy

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Will never have Pirellis again having had two cars that came with them, and them being utter dross in pretty much every department. Especially wet weather performance (one of the most important for me).

The last car I had that came with them (Maserati GT) I swapped them out after a few hundred miles despite them being not that far off new.

I've had Michelin Pilot Supersports (not Cup) on all sorts of cars (F355, Aston V8, Audi RS4, TVR Griffith, 911) and they've always been excellent. (Current Goodyears on the Taycan are OK too... But when worn, will see if there's an N rated Michelin option).

if I have read that correctly N Tires are developed with Porsche or for Porsche and I found the Michelin Super Sport maybe that could be an option or have you found something else ?

Thanks btw

OP
OP
Heezy

Heezy

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
They do also have the Michelin Pilot Sport EV

Bakerman911

First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991 Targa, Porsche Taycan St, Mini JCW cab
Country flag
Maybe the Hankook Ventus S1 evo3, I hear that they are also Very good. Not N rated.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I would go with the Goodyear F1's. You need to make sure the tires are specifically designed for the extreme weight and torque/hp of this car. As stated before, there aren't any other cars on the road that weigh over 5,000 lbs and have 750HP and 775 ft-lb torque at 0 rpm. This is a truly brutal combination for tires, and I'd be very careful about your choice. The other issues are road noise and rolling resistance, and of course traction in the wet and dry. I've found the F1's to be very good in all respects.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
when I got my 2020 Taycan in July of 2020 it came with factory all seasons - the vehicle range was good for about 270'ish miles - 250 easy - 290 if I really baby'd it

1st set of tires wore out - I swap for summer performance (california) goodyears - range on those tires were about 200 easy, 220 if I baby'd it - 190 was trivial

2nd set of tires wore out - I swapped back to factory all-seasons - we're back to 260-290 miles range on the all seasons.

I prefer the better range in an EV vs. the incremental performance-grip difference

YMMV (literally)

but yeah make sure you're getting a tire rated/approved for Taycan - it's a big heavy beast of a vehicle - it needs an appropriate tire.

my $0.02
Sponsored

Last edited: