Mission E Design wheels unavailable

sec77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I placed an order for a carrera white Taycan with optioned mission E wheels as I fell in love with that combo. Received an allocation in March. Dealer now advises mission E wheels are "not available due to shortage of parts" and I need to select other wheels. Dealer suggests RS spyder design wheels or Taycan exclusive design wheels with aeroblades in carbon, but neither give a comparative look and it's a deal breaker for me. For those experienced with Porsche (I'm not), any advice on how to source Mission E wheels? Perhaps pass on this allocation & wait see if they become available? The dealer is factory-owned. Thanks
Porsche Taycan Mission E Design wheels unavailable SmartSelect_20230209_133412_Gallery
Porsche Taycan Mission E Design wheels unavailable SmartSelect_20230209_133449_Gallery
Porsche Taycan Mission E Design wheels unavailable SmartSelect_20230209_133219_Gallery

Last edited:

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I wouldn’t have purchased my Taycan without the Mission E wheels. Ridiculous that a simple part like that is in short supply, particularly one that is pretty much the identity of the first Gen Taycan. Not like it’s a high tech component. Porsche owns the designs. They should find someone else to manufacture it.

jakeCT

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
missed: RX8 / current: Model 3, MYP / CT4 waitlist
Country flag
I wouldn’t have purchased my Taycan without the Mission E wheels. Ridiculous that a simple part like that is in short supply, particularly one that is pretty much the identity of the first Gen Taycan. Not like it’s a high tech component. Porsche owns the designs. They should find someone else to manufacture it.
Agreed. I believe Fuchs produces the Mission-E design wheels https://www.fuchsfelge.com/en/wheel-program/modell/porsche-taycan.html

Though for sake of preserving classic 911 heritage, they may not have another supplier.

Icebergmikey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 850i, Taycan 4S (on order)
Country flag
Mine is in production now and I opted for Mission E’s. I haven’t heard anything about my car not having them! 🤷🏽‍♂️

craig3101

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan MY2022
Country flag
I will be the contrarian here! I have the Mission E wheels, and I wish I didn't! I agree, they look amazing, and very much complement the Taycan's overall good looks. But ... they are so difficult to stay scratch-free!! The car is so wide, and the tyres are so low profile - I've already had them scratched twice (and repaired). I am petrified every time I enter an narrow driveway (like in shopping centre ramps)!

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
Just buy the car and ordere the wheels later when they're available. Theres so much more to like about the car than an asthetic look.

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Audi Q4 E-tron
Country flag
Just make sure you specc the PSCB and can always buy the wheels later.
You don't technically need the PSCB's for the Misson E wheels, it is a marketing decision by Porsche to require them for aesthetics or another mystery reason and the Mission E wheels will fit any of the brake setups offered on a Taycan.

OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I placed an order for a carrera white Taycan with optioned mission E wheels as I fell in love with that combo. Received an allocation in March. Dealer now advises mission E wheels are "not available due to shortage of parts" and I need to select other wheels. Dealer suggests RS spyder design wheels or Taycan exclusive design wheels with aeroblades in carbon, but neither give a comparative look and it's a deal breaker for me. For those experienced with Porsche (I'm not), any advice on how to source Mission E wheels? Perhaps pass on this allocation & wait see if they become available? The dealer is factory-owned. Thanks
SmartSelect_20230209_133412_Gallery.jpg
SmartSelect_20230209_133449_Gallery.jpg
SmartSelect_20230209_133219_Gallery.jpg
Like you I was committed to Mission e (in gloss black). That was until I ran into a Taycan (and owner) with this specification. The were a lot of scratches on the black gloss wheels and underneath was a lighter coloured undercoat, which made them look even worse. The wheels had been re-finished once already. He recommended not to get them. So I have gone with Spyder.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Like you I was committed to Mission e (in gloss black). That was until I ran into a Taycan (and owner) with this specification. The were a lot of scratches on the black gloss wheels and underneath was a lighter coloured undercoat, which made them look even worse. The wheels had been re-finished once already. He recommended not to get them. So I have gone with Spyder.
I’ve got almost 10k miles on my standard Mission E wheels and they still look new. One small nick on one spoke from a rock; have to really look hard to see it. The finish is no softer than any other wheel.

Foxy

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS6,992GTS,GolfGTI
Country flag
I’ve got almost 10k miles on my standard Mission E wheels and they still look new. One small nick on one spoke from a rock; have to really look hard to see it. The finish is no softer than any other wheel.
Me too, I sometimes wonder if people just make stuff up. Mine haven’t ‘scratched’ at all, there is the odd stone chip which is easily touched up, but the gloss black finish still looks like new 10,000 miles later. Why would the 21 inch Spyder wheel fare any better?

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Be careful. The issue is not Mission Es
The issue is any of the 21’ options. I have Spyders on my GTS. It is possible to minimise damage on 21s but you have to be VERY careful. I have 3 v small scuffs on NSF after 7000 miles. 2 wheels have tiny scuffs that are not visible. I touch up with a little black paint.
The ONLY benefit of 21s is looks.
20s handle just as well. Less rumble noise. More comfort. Better range. Harder to damage.
The Michelins on my 4S 20s were better than the Pirelli 21s.

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
Have the Mission E's in Aurum and not one is unkerbed, but I park like a Frenchman, by touch. They are only wheels and can be sorted. Go with the look you want, plenty of aftermarket rims nowadays, choice was limited a few years ago.

Deleted member 6348

My Taycan was totaled with my aero wheels winter set. I am planning to sell my Mission E wheel set with nearly new rear summer tires. Wheels are very clean, never curbed, never repaired. There is one very small paint chip (black) on a spoke of one of the rears that could be addressed with a dot of touch-up paint — you wouldn’t notice it unless it was pointed out.

I am in the Philadelphia area, but if anyone in the Northeastern US would like to buy them hit me up — I will drive 150 miles or so meet up with you. If you’re anywhere near Columbus, OH, that’s also a possibility. Shipping wheels with tires is a pain. If you want them shipped, those logistics are on you.

I will soon be posting them officially for sale after I have the dealer pull them from storage, but if you’re interested DM me and/or make me an offer. Happy to hook a member up with a good deal.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I will be the contrarian here! I have the Mission E wheels, and I wish I didn't! I agree, they look amazing, and very much complement the Taycan's overall good looks. But ... they are so difficult to stay scratch-free!! The car is so wide, and the tyres are so low profile - I've already had them scratched twice (and repaired). I am petrified every time I enter an narrow driveway (like in shopping centre ramps)!
That's not the wheels' fault to be honest...
Besides, you can use the cameras if you're unsure of the surroundings.
Sponsored