Motor swap: 4s rear drive motor > Turbo S rear drive motor

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I recently learned there are people baking defunct Telsa model S serial numbers into new model 3 cars to have them on the "lifetime" free charge.

I very much doubt Porsche software division is a match to Tesla's (its a software company that happens to make transport things after all ) and if that can be done... everything else can be done too.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TaycanTimmy

TaycanTimmy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hey guys, I have an interesting question here. Looking into swapping my 4s rear drive motor for a Turbo S rear drive motor. From research I have done, the 4s has the same front motor and same wire harness as the turbo and turbo s. My question is, would I need to swap my ECU or would I recieve the same performance from the Turbo S by just swapping the rear drive motor? Thanks for any help you can give
I appreciate all the input as this seems to be way more than I was thinking. I just love all the options I have in my 4s. I built it from factory but am itching for more speed. Midlife crisis maybe lol

Rik_CT4s

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo MY22
Country flag
I appreciate all the input as this seems to be way more than I was thinking. I just love all the options I have in my 4s. I built it from factory but am itching for more speed. Midlife crisis maybe lol
I felt the same. Just traded in my CT4s MY23 for a CTTS MY22...no regrets!
Sponsored