Must haves on a 4S

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
For those who are already locked in or own one and for those still waiting to lock on your purchase, outside of color, what are must haves on a 4S for those who aren't going to track the car? For those who own one already, what would you take off if you could from your build and what would you add if you had a second chance? Does anyone believe Rear Steering and ACC are must haves and good for resale years down the road?
Sponsored

vertebae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
pending
Country flag
For those who are already locked in or own one and for those still waiting to lock on your purchase, outside of color, what are must haves on a 4S for those who aren't going to track the car? For those who own one already, what would you take off if you could from your build and what would you add if you had a second chance? Does anyone believe Rear Steering and ACC are must haves and good for resale years down the road?
This was a thread from earlier this month too:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/basic-spec-4s-what-options-are-a-must-have.2296/

Regarding RWS, I'm not sure about resale value but many have said it's a game changer with regards to how agile it makes the car especially in cities, parking, and maneuvering. ACC will definitely be a plus for resale especially down the line as Innodrive gets even better and people get used to semi-autonomous or heavily assisted driving (especially on a $100k+ car).

Poluski

First Name
Andrzej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, 914-6, 944 Turbo, Taycan 4S
Country flag
RWS - incredible...must have. Turns on dime at low speeds and stable at high speeds.
Innodrive - good and useful in stop/go traffic. I have no comparison to Tesla's AutoPilot but I've heard not as good.
NightVision - impressive. Yesterday it picked out a deer right on the side of the road and sounded an alarm way before I saw it.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
To me, virtually all of the dynamic options are must haves. I didn't upgrade the brakes, since it's mostly done through regen, but I added all of the performance options. To me, anything that can be added after the fact (even if it's a premium), however, is not a "must have." Thus, 21" wheels were not "must have." My view, however, is tempered by the fact that the cost of these options may not be rewarded upon resale. That did not stop me from getting them.

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
The only must have that I unfortunately don't have in my car is the acoustic & thermal protected glass. The car is slightly louder than my diesel car thanks to this mistake. And sunlight can occasionally feel quite hot (doesn't apply to the panoramic glass roof, seems to be protected by default).

Everything else are very minor things compared to this.

Ormond

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
I keep trying to trim my $142,000 4S build. I’d like the performance and luxury packages and the upgraded glass. I’m likely to want an upgraded leather too.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
The only must have that I unfortunately don't have in my car is the acoustic & thermal protected glass. The car is slightly louder than my diesel car thanks to this mistake. And sunlight can occasionally feel quite hot (doesn't apply to the panoramic glass roof, seems to be protected by default).

Everything else are very minor things compared to this.
While I did get this on my build, I would think that there are third party films that accomplish some of what you would want from this.

Christian J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4s, 1997 C2S, 1979 Turbo, 1976 3.0
Country flag
While I did get this on my build, I would think that there are third party films that accomplish some of what you would want from this.
I added a ceramic tint to the windshield and side glass and it was clearly better (pun intended) for about $600 total.

OP
OP
rquinton

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Definitely RWS.
Just wondering why you say RWS? Drove a Audi SQ8 with it and I didn’t see it’s value. Does it drive differently?

BeTay22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 BMW X5 while waiting for more high-power chargers
Country flag
The turning circle with RWS is 7% smaller than without: 10,4 m / 34.1 ft vs. 11,2 m / 36.7 ft.
I think you should try it before deciding. If the bend at the entrance of your apartment block / office building / shopping mall happens to be smaller than 36.7 and larger than 34.1, then you'll need it every day. But otherwise?

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The turning circle with RWS is 7% smaller than without: 10,4 m / 34.1 ft vs. 11,2 m / 36.7 ft.
I think you should try it before deciding. If the bend at the entrance of your apartment block / office building / shopping mall happens to be smaller than 36.7 and larger than 34.1, then you'll need it every day. But otherwise?
Rear wheel steering transitions at higher speed to move the rear wheels in parallel with the front wheels for faster lane changes and obstacle avoidance. Don't fixate on the somewhat tighter turning radius at low speed, unless you are looking for validation to not purchase this option.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
What are these numbers you’re quoting - radius, diameter, circumference? When you say “turning circle” it sounds like you’re talking circumference, but that doesn’t sound right. I read on another forum that RWS decreases the radius by 3 feet, which would be significant.

OP
OP
rquinton

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What are these numbers you’re quoting - radius, diameter, circumference? When you say “turning circle” it sounds like you’re talking circumference, but that doesn’t sound right. I read on another forum that RWS decreases the radius by 3 feet, which would be significant.
More importantly why does everyone who has it like it so much. Is it worth the $1620? A shame Audi puts this in most of its models.

BeTay22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 BMW X5 while waiting for more high-power chargers
Country flag
What are these numbers you’re quoting - radius, diameter, circumference?
Source: Porsche spec sheet on this forum
The same numbers are on Edmunds and EVSpecifications. The latter adds: Turning circle - Often referred to as turning diameter or turning radius (multiplied by two), this is the smallest diameter that the outside wheels of the vehicle describe when it is turning on full lock.

It decreases the radius by 1.3 ft.
Sponsored