ayoussef

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I secured a RWD allocation back in June and it had an estimated arrival of early November. The schedule shifted a little, freeze date finally locked end of Sep with a production start date of today and delivery mid-December. I checked today and my build now has a VIN and none of the dates have changed - am I naive in thinking I’ll actually get this car in mid-December or am I in for massive delays? I originally spec’d Burmester and upon submission at the freeze date it was denied so had to take Bose, my dealership assured me the build will in fact have Bose, but given all the delays I see, I wonder if this is normal to see a near-term delivery date only to be strung along and delayed for months on end, or at this point, given I now have a VIN for whatever that’s worth, I can rely on the dates I see.
Sponsored

Last edited:

dmayorgajr

First Name
Danilo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I secured a RWD allocation back in June and it had an estimated arrival of early November. The schedule shifted a little, freeze date finally locked end of Sep with a production start date of today and delivery mid-December. I checked today and my build now has a VIN and none of the dates have changed - am I naive in thinking I’ll actually get this car in mid-December or am I in for massive delays? I originally spec’d Burmester and upon submission at the freeze date it was denied so had to take Bose, my dealership assured me the build will in fact have Bose, but given all the delays I see, I wonder if this is normal to see a near-term delivery date only to be strung along and delayed for months on end, or at this point, given I now have a VIN for whatever that’s worth, I can rely on the dates I see.
You wait forever. Mine got a VIN in March. I’m barely getting it now and only because I got super lucky with the 12V battery hold and I got on a ship despite the issues at Emden.

poppap

First Name
Pop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan RWD (PNYVW213)
Country flag
Last edited:

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
A VIN only appeared on My Porsche after my build completed. It seems to be quite variable. But you have TYD and we don’t, so maybe that is different

Rik_CT4s

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo MY22
Country flag
Any news re your build? Still on the expected completion date?
Fingers crossed it delivers on time.

I got my VIN about 2 weeks back or so. Scheduled for completion according to the SA 12 december. Wait and see.

OP
OP

ayoussef

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Any news re your build? Still on the expected completion date?
Fingers crossed it delivers on time.

I got my VIN about 2 weeks back or so. Scheduled for completion according to the SA 12 december. Wait and see.
My update isn’t great. About a week after I got the VIN I was originally set to start production on October 28, it was then pushed to November 3. When that happened, all of a sudden all the dates for all upcoming phases disappeared and it now says “please contact your dealership to schedule delivery” - in other words, it has gone into the black hole of the unknown. I was supposed to have a delivery date of December 16…guess I was naive in thinking that would actually happen. Based on the original dates given, production phase should’ve lasted 2 weeks - I am now past that. I was hoping it would update and then I’d be given new dates accordingly but I’m pretty sure I’m getting the car in 2027 at this point.

Rik_CT4s

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo MY22
Country flag
My update isn’t great. About a week after I got the VIN I was originally set to start production on October 28, it was then pushed to November 3. When that happened, all of a sudden all the dates for all upcoming phases disappeared and it now says “please contact your dealership to schedule delivery” - in other words, it has gone into the black hole of the unknown. I was supposed to have a delivery date of December 16…guess I was naive in thinking that would actually happen. Based on the original dates given, production phase should’ve lasted 2 weeks - I am now past that. I was hoping it would update and then I’d be given new dates accordingly but I’m pretty sure I’m getting the car in 2027 at this point.
No good news indeed. Wondering what your SA will say. Perhaps it is moving but just not much news comes out of the German HQ.

Fingers crossed.

MBAZ

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i4, M5, Taycan GTS. 911 Cab
Country flag
I'm guessing your car is actually produced and is sitting in a lot next to mine waiting for a 12V auxiliary battery.

OP
OP

ayoussef

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I'm guessing your car is actually produced and is sitting in a lot next to mine waiting for a 12V auxiliary battery.
Makes sense….I guess it can’t advance to the testing stage without it. Would be nice to have more specific updates

poppap

First Name
Pop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan RWD (PNYVW213)
Country flag
... all of a sudden all the dates for all upcoming phases disappeared and it now says “please contact your dealership to schedule delivery” - in other words, it has gone into the black hole of the unknown. ...
Are you accessing TYD on a Mobile phone? Go use a laptop/desktop and you will see the dates still.

swag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 cross turismo
Country flag
now what ? Now wait!

OP
OP

ayoussef

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Are you accessing TYD on a Mobile phone? Go use a laptop/desktop and you will see the dates still.
Thanks for the tip you were right! It says a delivery date of January 6 now….although I’m not getting my hopes up.
Sponsored