My car is extremely delayed! 68 days in production

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Has anyone seen any progress in production since the shutdown ended? At the time of the factory shutdown, my car was in production and had a week to go according to the "expected date", in the build schedule. When production started back up, I asked for an updated build schedule, on April 10, and it said it would be done April 24.

I asked for an updated production schedule a few times since then, and it keeps getting pushed out. On May 5, it said it would be done on May 8. On May 16 it said June 5. And the schedule I just got now says July 7! Even if that holds, that means my car will have been in production for over 3 months, not including when the factory was shut down. What's going on? Is there something unusual happening with my car? Is everyone seeing this kind of delay?

This is getting me back to thinking I should cancel my order and wait until the next model update.
Sponsored

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
If I was to wager a guess, I'd imagine it's taking them time to clear out the finished cars and they don't have unlimited room to store more finished cars. Mine was out of production before the shutdown but still hasn't reached a boat.

Unfortunately I think Porsche is doing the best they can and it's just a patience game.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Mine was due to start production on May 29th but actually started about a week early and is now due to arrive 2 weeks earlier than planned
Mines a Turbo and I’m in the UK so not sure if different countries have different build programmes at the factory

Last edited:

Scott Allen

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 911 Carrera S Cabriolet, 2017 Range Rover HSE, 1967 Camaro RS/SS 396
Country flag
My build was originally to be delivered May 15. Now the dealer says July 17. I was told the delay was the battery components from China.
Who knows

Squiden

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Mine is also showing an ~2 month delay - from July 3rd to Aug 28th now.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
If you cancel your order now it takes at least 12 months to get a new car.
The demand is just so high (also good for stock and resale value)
Just relax, it'll be there.
I've waited two months for parts and it wasn't even the most complicated part.
I wish you strength cuz I've been there too but you won't regret it, I'm so sure... :)

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Mine was due to start production on May 29th but actually started about a week early...
Exactly like mine!

Somewhere I read that Porsche said they will now prioritize delivery to customers and not showroom cars. I think it is worth to hang in...

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
My build was originally to be delivered May 15. Now the dealer says July 17. I was told the delay was the battery components from China.
Who knows
Our factory, like every other in China started around 24th Feb, almost no measurments, no virus, all hands on deck! I've read, they had compontents delivery problems, but from EU suppliers.

ceresma

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S90D 2015
Country flag
I also saw somewhere that production was now at 100%

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
There has been some news reports that Porsche are prioritising European customers over ones in America

Not quite sure how my car is now due earlier than it was pre Covid shut down

OP
OP

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
There has been some news reports that Porsche are prioritising European customers over ones in America

Not quite sure how my car is now due earlier than it was pre Covid shut down
That would stink (for me). Can you post a link to such a news report? Even if that were true, I’m not sure how it could explain my situation. My car was in production when the shutdown started. They would have to put it aside, partially built, then start building new cars for Euro customers.

RE66ELl

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 4s
Country flag
Don’t believe the hype. I’ve been offered Many cancelled Taycan orders this week in the UK, few with delivery this month. Also heard Porshce have ramped up production to churn out Taycans like fast food burgers

OP
OP

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Anyone else in the US whose cars were in production when the shutdown started? Another forum member's build schedule says his car will start the end of this week, and is expected to be delivered to him in early August, ~before~ I get my car that started production on March 13!! There is something going on with my car, it doesn't make sense that other cars will enter and exit production while my car is "in production". They seem to have put it aside for some reason, could I have something in my build that is delaying it?

TriTaycan

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I think there is something wrong with your particular situation. If I recall we were both originally expecting cars with a May-ish delivery to Boston? My car was delayed by the shutdown, but is supposedly on the boat and expected to get to me later this month. I wonder if you have some particular option that they are having trouble fulfilling? Just a guess.
Sponsored