My first post (and Porsche!)

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Okay so the dealer just reported on the queue status... Apparently there another 12 in front of me, does anyone have any idea what that means in terms of queue time? Obviously hoping 12 months is still viable! :oops:
Depends on the model.

It's generally estimated across multiple dealers I've spoken to (Sytner, Porsche, Dick Lovett) that every Taycan model other than the GTS ST has a 12 month lead time.

This is as of last week.

If you have ordered the GTS ST, the dirty rumour circulating is most dealers who are not Porsche Reading will be getting one allocation a month.

For that model, H1 2024 would be good going if you ordered in the past 6-8 weeks.

All 2022 GTS ST allocations are now done, and it won't be until late Q4 that the first batch of 2023 allocations are released to dealers.

OP
OP
briomir

briomir

First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Depends on the model.

It's generally estimated across multiple dealers I've spoken to (Sytner, Porsche, Dick Lovett) that every Taycan model other than the GTS ST has a 12 month lead time.

This is as of last week.

If you have ordered the GTS ST, the dirty rumour circulating is most dealers who are not Porsche Reading will be getting one allocation a month.

For that model, H1 2024 would be good going if you ordered in the past 6-8 weeks.

All 2022 GTS ST allocations are now done, and it won't be until late Q4 that the first batch of 2023 allocations are released to dealers.
Ah I see... I've a RWD on order so hopefully 12 months still good! Would a change to an ST affect anything? I've been drifting between the two body types lately and I still can't make my mind up!!

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ah I see... I've a RWD on order so hopefully 12 months still good! Would a change to an ST affect anything? I've been drifting between the two body types lately and I still can't make my mind up!!
Yes RWD will delivered in 12 months even ordering this month - at least according to the dealers I spoke to. However, do check with your dealer for their estimate.

From what I have been told, there is basically no difference in delivery estimates whether saloon or CT or ST bodystyle.

The only Taycan with ridiculous wait times is specifically the GTS ST, to the point most dealers are now recommending against ordering one, and selecting from a different model instead.

Even the GTS saloon I was told is 12 months.

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Depends on the model.

This is as of last week.

My dealer said i should get my GTS in the middle of 2023 and he expects good allocations coming in next year.

Interestingly, Audi still have major issues on production and the Q4 Vorsprung i originally ordered won’t come till March 2023. Audi have suspended sales of the Vorsprung as it was fully loaded with all features and some you can’t option on lower models even (like the panoramic roof). It might be ok as a second car though or i will sell and not lose money i expect.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My dealer said i should get my GTS in the middle of 2023 and he expects good allocations coming in next year.

Interestingly, Audi still have major issues on production and the Q4 Vorsprung i originally ordered won’t come till March 2023. Audi have suspended sales of the Vorsprung as it was fully loaded with all features and some you can’t option on lower models even (like the panoramic roof). It might be ok as a second car though or i will sell and not lose money i expect.
That is good to hear and what I was anticipating for anyone who ordered a GTS ST before middle of March this year.

With recession by that time, and other luxury marques announcing their forthcoming EVs that will compete with Porsche's customer, I expect they will rush out allocations so that buyers don't have the time ponder and then cancel.

I doubt they will leave people waiting 15 months for an allocation... But likewise, who knows.

Porsche know many Taycan customers are first time buyers of the brand. They don't care much for them as the principle reason for buying is 1. No competition in the segment 2. Excellent company tax breaks.

Both of those USPs won't exist by 2024/25.

They have probably modelled the lifetime value of these new customers (low) and don't mind if lots of them cancel.

Q4 will be a nice vehicle that can tide you over or as you mention, sell at a minimal loss.

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
That is good to hear and what I was anticipating for anyone who ordered a GTS ST before middle of March this year.

With recession by that time, and other luxury marques announcing their forthcoming EVs that will compete with Porsche's customer, I expect they will rush out allocations so that buyers don't have the time ponder and then cancel.

I doubt they will leave people waiting 15 months for an allocation... But likewise, who knows.

Porsche know many Taycan customers are first time buyers of the brand. They don't care much for them as the principle reason for buying is 1. No competition in the segment 2. Excellent company tax breaks.

They have probably modelled the lifetime value of these new customers (low) and don't mind if lots of them cancel.

Q4 will be a nice vehicle that can tide you over or as you mention, sell at a minimal loss.
I’m not sure what the policy is on having two company cars - i expect it’s maybe not possible though.

Audi dealer told me if i bought and changed mind it would sell for £15k more. I reckon that would still hold up in a recession unless that was global and suddenly manufactures could give you a new car in 2 months or something!

I ordered my GTS in June but he was still quite sure - he said might be a couple of cancellations too and I’m 13 in the queue.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m not sure what the policy is on having two company cars - i expect it’s maybe not possible though.

Audi dealer told me if i bought and changed mind it would sell for £15k more. I reckon that would still hold up in a recession unless that was global and suddenly manufactures could give you a new car in 2 months or something!

I ordered my GTS in June but he was still quite sure - he said might be a couple of cancellations too and I’m 13 in the queue.
If it's a GTS saloon then your delivery estimates sound about right - 12 months.

If it's an ST, I was quoted by various dealers if ordered this month, delivery was "into 2024" and very unlikely even next year.

If you have indeed ordered a GTS ST then you may have lucked out with a dealer who is anticipating a good volume of allocations, perhaps based on their historic allocations for other high demand models.

I thought you could claim back 100% on any new company car purchase and there was no limit?

If there is, something I was considering that seemed to make sense financially and from an accounting/tax perspective was to pay myself a director loan to cover the full cost of a temporary car.

Temporary meaning: sold before my financial year ends March 2023, which then timed with my anticipated Taycan delivery time (mid to late summer 2023). It also means you can buy an ICE or even second hand. Or an EV. Doesn't matter.

I was considering a Jag F-Type V6 convertible to tide my over until the Taycan arrived. Abandoned the idea as I'm likely leaving the country again for all of winter so the faff wasn't worth it.

So long as you sell the car and then pay back the loan within 9 months OR before your financial year ends (whichever is sooner), then no BIK is payable.

Since the loan means you are buying the car as a "personal expense" there is no company car tax to pay... Because it's not a company car.

Speak to your accountant about that as an option.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag

Indeed. Plus I assume that Porsche doesn't want to step up production to satisfy "sales" beyond their planned numbers.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Indeed. Plus I assume that Porsche doesn't want to step up production to satisfy "sales" beyond their planned numbers.
Great point and the last thing Porsche wants is a load of cancelled orders and forecourts full of their unsold "flagship" Taycan models.

Would also kill residuals and that is financial suicide where they want to incentivise their customers to go EV with solid second hand values.

The "sensible" choice, especially for those concerned about depreciation, is therefore to buy EV and not ICE.