BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
My app is updated and I still don't see anything different?
Mine took a while t filter through with the new functions.
I have noticed the app has been considerably slower (5-10 mins rather than seconds) to connect / sync with the car.
Sponsored

Tino82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
⭐ 1.7 stars... the whole fking mobile+PCM software team should be fired in shame. "We hope you enjoy using the My Porsche app as your digital companion." -- I give them 5 clowns 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Screenshot_20220524-155002_Chrome.png
I actually cried laughing, reading your post 😂

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Yes I agree totally, iPhone for those people that like toys and Android for serious people 😉
Hmm, I've been a software engineer/data scientist for over 40 years. About 90% of my colleagues use iPhones. I used an Android phone once, after it was abandoned for updates a whole 2 years after I bought it, I joined the majority of my co-workers and bought an iPhone ;)

BTW, I agree with an earlier post. It is likely a server issue, not a phone issue that has caused some people issues. The My Porsche App update worked immediately after being installed on my iPhone.

Personally, I could care less which phone, or car, anyone chooses. Use/drive whatever floats your boat. If it makes you happy who cares?

Now, if you were to say that Windows is for toys and Linux is for serious people, well, I probably wouldn't argue :)

Last edited:

Deleted member 6348

New app installed today and working like a champ. A little slower on the refresh, but useful to see more information and options.

Now, if Functions on Demand would just work on MY22 cars.

LLA53

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE Grey Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hmm, I've been a software engineer/data scientist for over 40 years. About 90% of my colleagues use iPhones. I used an Android phone once, after it was abandoned for updates a whole 2 years after I bought it, I joined the majority of my co-workers and bought an iPhone ;)

BTW, I agree with an earlier post. It is likely a server issue, not a phone issue that has caused some people issues. The My Porsche App update worked immediately after being installed on my iPhone.

Personally, I could care less which phone, or car, anyone chooses. Use/drive whatever floats your boat. If it makes you happy who cares?

Now, if you were to say that Windows is for toys and Linux is for serious people, well, I probably wouldn't argue :)
Hey I don’t care either my tongue in cheek comment was from my personal experience. For example as a software engineer this should be a very simple task. Take your iphone and compose an email now add a file attachment without first having to find the file and move it into a specific folder, shouldn’t be too difficult should it 🙂

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hey I don’t care either my tongue in cheek comment was from my personal experience. For example as a software engineer this should be a very simple task. Take your iphone and compose an email now add a file attachment without first having to find the file and move it into a specific folder, shouldn’t be too difficult should it 🙂
I was kind of tongue in cheek as well, but as to your task, I'm not sure I understand. It is trivial to add one or more attachments to an email on my iPhone. I simply tap in the message body, select the attachment icon, then browse to the directory on my phone, iCloud, or Dropbox and add as many attachments as I like.

Now I seldom send emails from my phone, but to make sure I wasn't missing anything I just tested it with files local to my iPhone, Dropbox, and iCloud without issue. Of course, if I'm sending a single file it is just as easy to simply browse to the file, tap on the icon, then select share to send it via email, text, etc.

Reactions: B61

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
New app installed today and working like a champ. A little slower on the refresh, but useful to see more information and options.

Now, if Functions on Demand would just work on MY22 cars.
In Europe we can install FOD. I ordered automatic lane keeping and Innodrive on my 2022 CT4. ALK was activated immediately, PID wasn’t. In my
Account both are waiting for activation. I will leave it like this and see what happens. I have 3 months free trial but as ALK shows it needs to be activated I don’t think the trial period has started. My dealer suggested to bring it in for a day and they can solve the installation. I told them it shouldn’t take that long but they insist to keep it for a day. Don’t really need PID anyway. Maybe I have free ALK now?

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
On my iPhone the 'My Porsche' version is:

4.22.20 build 116

Is this the latest?

LLA53

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE Grey Taycan 4S
Country flag
I was kind of tongue in cheek as well, but as to your task, I'm not sure I understand. It is trivial to add one or more attachments to an email on my iPhone. I simply tap in the message body, select the attachment icon, then browse to the directory on my phone, iCloud, or Dropbox and add as many attachments as I like.

Now I seldom send emails from my phone, but to make sure I wasn't missing anything I just tested it with files local to my iPhone, Dropbox, and iCloud without issue. Of course, if I'm sending a single file it is just as easy to simply browse to the file, tap on the icon, then select share to send it via email, text, etc.
Ah and there lies my point. You have to find the file either in your Dropbox or iCloud but what if the file is somewhere else on your phone or iPad or other useless Apple device? To add a file on Android or windows even, it doesn’t matter where the file is, I don’t have to move it into my Dropbox first, I just find the file and attach it. Why restrict the location?

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Ah and there lies my point. You have to find the file either in your Dropbox or iCloud but what if the file is somewhere else on your phone or iPad or other useless Apple device? To add a file on Android or windows even, it doesn’t matter where the file is, I don’t have to move it into my Dropbox first, I just find the file and attach it. Why restrict the location?
I really don't know what you are on about. At this point, I have to assume you are simply trolling. Any file I want to attach can be in a folder on my iPhone. All files are in a folder somewhere. Windows, Linux, MacOS, IOS are all pretty much the same. You browse to the file location and attach it to the email, or send it directly from the file to someone. Even though it has been years I can't imagine the process is all that different on an Android device.

But all of this is way off-topic. I'm happy you are pleased with your android device as am I with the various MacOS, IOS, Linux, and Windows systems I use daily at home.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
When was the last time you used an iPhone? Your don’t seem to understand how they actually work. Either that or you’re just trolling hard now.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
When was the last time you used an iPhone? Your don’t seem to understand how they actually work. Either that or you’re just trolling hard now.
Blocked this guy off early on - wasting your energy feeding him - life's too short and way better things to be doing :)!

LLA53

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE Grey Taycan 4S
Country flag
I really don't know what you are on about. At this point, I have to assume you are simply trolling. Any file I want to attach can be in a folder on my iPhone. All files are in a folder somewhere. Windows, Linux, MacOS, IOS are all pretty much the same. You browse to the file location and attach it to the email, or send it directly from the file to someone. Even though it has been years I can't imagine the process is all that different on an Android device.

But all of this is way off-topic. I'm happy you are pleased with your android device as am I with the various MacOS, IOS, Linux, and Windows systems I use daily at home.
Seriously I am not trolling it was a genuine question, I just don’t get on with them