First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 992 Carrera S
Country flag
Yep, got the MY2020. So we don’t have those options generally… what a shame :/
I don't really care about having these features on my phone, so no big deal for me. Pre-cool and pre-heat are nice to have though (which we do) :)
Sponsored

sotiris

First Name
Sotiris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo (2020)
Country flag
I don't really care about having these features on my phone, so no big deal for me. Pre-cool and pre-heat are nice to have though (which we do) :)
Sure, I will have to agree on that. Just my OCD side kicked in, I would have liked the complete experience 🤣
Nonetheless, thanks for responses everyone.

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Speaking of Hewlett Packard, it's only a matter of time before this thread expands into a passionate debate over Reverse Polish notation (RPN) vs. algebraic calculators. RPN is of course vastly superior, so there's no doubt that Porsche engineers used HP RPN calculators over the years to achieve all their amazing feats outside the field of software engineering. Software engineers are completely flummoxed by the lack of an equal sign key (=) on RPN calculators, and therefore must make do with vastly inferior algebraic calculators, which surely in some way accounts for the issues we suffer with the My Porsche app. (See, I kept this on topic!)
I know it might be a while since I did my comp sci degree; but RPN was definitely part of my curriculum - covered in language theory and compiler design. Not showing my age, but so was COBOL, Fortran, Lisp, Prolog, Ada, 6800 and 8086 assembler :)

Jackson

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 640d, CT4
Country flag
Where to find to turn on flashlights?
I have MY2022

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag

Daniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
I know it might be a while since I did my comp sci degree; but RPN was definitely part of my curriculum - covered in language theory and compiler design. Not showing my age, but so was COBOL, Fortran, Lisp, Prolog, Ada, 6800 and 8086 assembler :)
You forgot ALGOL in your list ;)