HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
Charging up... that 170kW charger is 500 meters from home... and on our city office campus. Sometimes, the charger even works ;-).

Porsche Taycan My Taycan 4S delivered in Germany T4S_ChargingU
Sponsored

miglio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s - Cayenne Coupe Hybrid - Carrera S 992
Country flag
Hello Scandinavian,

the heat pump is a good candidate to explain better operations in cold temperatures. Together with the extra battery, it was the most urgent recommendation I got from Porsche during the configuration phase.

The suitabilty of driving at higher average speeds seems also to be there.

4S EPA range: I don't know if it has been published, but also don't care much, hehe... The reality of the car so far seems good enough.

Cheers,
Henrik
do you recommend HEAT PUMP ?

i ask you...I live in Italy and I think to use my Taycan only in town in winter For short trips...the Long journey only in spring/summer...

I cannot understand if heat pump is recomended Only for cold temperature or also for hot temperature!?!?

best regards

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag

i ask you...I live in Italy and I think to use my Taycan only in town in winter For short trips...the Long journey only in spring/summer...

I cannot understand if heat pump is recomended Only for cold temperature or also for hot temperature!?!?

best regards
Yes, get it. Its cheap.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

best regards
According to the milage estimator on the Porsche site the heatpump only noticably improves efficiency in 10C or cooler temps. But I don't disagree with @Gogs it's one of the more economical options.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag

best regards
You will benefit from it in Italy also but not as much as in colder climate. But if you go up to the ski resorts it will make quite a difference in electrical consumption.

The option for the heat pump is for heating, you already have a heat pump for the A/C to cool the car in summer.

It is probably one of the best value options for Taycan!

miglio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s - Cayenne Coupe Hybrid - Carrera S 992
Country flag
You will benefit from it in Italy also but not as much as in colder climate. But if you go up to the ski resorts it will make quite a difference in electrical consumption.

The option for the heat pump is for heating, you already have a heat pump for the A/C to cool the car in summer.

It is probably one of the best value options for Taycan!
thank you

so for AC the heat pump is already as standard ?

best regards

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Correct for A/C, cooling, the system is installed as standard. The difference is for heating.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
thank you

so for AC the heat pump is already as standard ?

best regards
As far as I know there is but one heat pump which really only affects heating in a cold climate. The heat pump is included in the base configuration in some countries like the USA.

See the effects from link in this post: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...mator-based-on-wltp-like-figures-for-usa.733/

To add a link on Heatpump technology, not trying to market anything, just has a small overview. https://www.denso.com/us-ca/en/prod... an efficient,Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle.

Last edited:

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
As far as I know there is but one heat pump which really only affects heating in a cold climate. The heat pump is included in the base configuration in some countries like the USA.
Here in China heat pump is also standard. For Italy, particularly in the north, I would order it.
Sponsored