pedroleumjelly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Triumph Trident, 2023 Taycan
Country flag
Did you have any issues with your sensors? I just got mine wrapped in Carmine Red and the LCA/EW sensors stopped working.
Sponsored

violuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 RWD
Country flag
I struck up a convo in a parking garage recently with a gentleman in his 70s or 80s who told me that his wife always dreamed of owning a Porsche, and when I asked him what color he said "yellow".

"The way you put that, it doesn't sound like she has yet fulfilled that dream," I said.

"Yes," he replied, "we had kids instead".

CarbonTax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Funny thing, is now it seems to me that all the other cars on the road are some variation of black/grey/dark blue. Feels like I've seen behind the curtain in the matrix and can never go back to mainstream colours (at least not for a P car). Do you guys have the same reaction now that you drive a bright colour?
Indeed! Not intending to hijack the yellow thread, but I've got the same Matrix vibe, and I would also add white to "all the other cars on the road" besides, some serious taycan black elements are almost invisible on dark colors

Porsche Taycan My Taycan wrapped in speed yellow update IMG_9994
Porsche Taycan My Taycan wrapped in speed yellow update IMG_0174

Last edited:

Chas1

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini
Country flag
both the taycan and the 911 look great in Speed Yellow. I am myself the recent owner of a Racing Yellow 992. Never thought I would buy one in such a loud colour, but opportunity came knocking on my door, and next thing you know I was also in love with a bright yellow.

Funny thing, is now it seems to me that all the other cars on the road are some variation of black/grey/dark blue. Feels like I've seen behind the curtain in the matrix and can never go back to mainstream colours (at least not for a P car). Do you guys have the same reaction now that you drive a bright colour?

FWIW; my Racing Yellow 992 next to Speed Yellow 993

IMG_2622.jpeg
Yes I agree, I have resisted 50 shades of grey and have loved every minute of it. Mamba green has attracted many admiring comments and no one doesn't like it , well they're not prepared to say! The great classic Porsches from 70's and 80's always look better in lesser known more extrovert colours and appear to be very sort after. I definitely need a bahama yellow 911 from early to mid 70's.

Chas1

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini
Country flag
I love it! Speed yellow was the color of my old 997 that the taycan replaced!

IMG_2558.jpeg
Is that speed yellow too? it looks a tone or two darker?
I have a Modena yellow car. I like it but my wife is reluctant to go in it “One of my friends may see me in it” 😂 😂 😂
I love them in yellow. its such great sporting colour

Last edited:

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I’d take yellow if it would be available as one of standard colours. :like:

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
I never thought I would want or like a Yellow car either. That is until I bought one and I'm very partial to Yellow now.
Congrats on joining the Yellow Club. Lol

Screenshot_20231003_081728_Gallery.jpg
And now the 'horny bee' alias begins to make sense. 😁👍

AnloTaycan2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Hey guys, just got my car back, I am very very happy with it!!

I got the car wrapped in yellow, then all the silver bits of the CT wrapped in gloss black, replaced the silver badges with gloss black badges, and here are the results
mmexport1696233784110.jpg
mmexport1696233791145~2.jpg
PXL_20231003_074256192~2.jpg
mmexport1696229964745~2.jpg
PXL_20231002_081048509~2.jpg
PXL_20231002_080349146~2.jpg
PXL_20231002_080343097.jpg
What is the wrap that got used for that. I was told that a coloured wrap was only 2mm in thickness and couldn't last more than 2 years without being impossible to remove without damaging the paint under; contrary to a PPF XPEL transparent wrap which is 8mm in thickness and which can be removed. I would love to hear your comment please. Thanks in advance

OP
OP

Zyrrak

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
What is the wrap that got used for that. I was told that a coloured wrap was only 2mm in thickness and couldn't last more than 2 years without being impossible to remove without damaging the paint under; contrary to a PPF XPEL transparent wrap which is 8mm in thickness and which can be removed. I would love to hear your comment please. Thanks in advance
I actually have no idea how thick it was... I didn't think that far ahead lol

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
FYI, you mean "mils", not "mm".
If PPF was almost 1cm thick (8mm), that would be mental!

Apologies, just being pedantic :)

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Audi Q4 E-tron
Country flag
I think it looks great, consider wrapping the “Spoiler” in yellow as well. Sport Turismos have a body color roof spoiler as suppose to a black one on the cross turismo. It elongates the car and looks sleek in my opinion. I am biased as I have a sport turismo, but something to consider if you like the look. Regardless, your car looks unique and makes a statement for sure.
Sponsored