evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
I just checked... (iOS) I can see both 350kW stations in Scarborough.

35C461BA-848D-479C-A6CB-2879BA314F7B.jpeg
I think Porsche actually DOWNGRADED the IOS app. In the thread where this is specifically discussed, it appears Porsche replaced the current IOS version with the older/prior one. (This was identified near the end of the discussion). I'm not sure what the IOS rules are though for those who might have gotten updated before they pulled the new version... Who knows what other bug fixes and enhancements they effectively kicked to the curb when they discarded the newer version.

Android Users? Nothing. They didn't even downgrade us!

Anyone want to bet the Software Developer simply copied the code for the "150KW" button, changed the LABEL on the button to "350KW" but forgot to re-link it to the code which lists 350KW terminals? Seems it was simply easier to pull the new version rather than just fix it...

Last edited:

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ed - I'm trying to follow your instructions. If I go to "Service Overview" on the My Porsche website, the only services it shows are "Charging at Home", and "Online Software Update". No "Navigation Plus". Thoughts?

Also, I don't see any pin icon when viewing a map in Porsche Connect...
Lets see if they are misdirecting your login (like often happens with me). Does the URL on your web page start with "https://connect-portal.porsche.com/core/gb/en_GB/services..."? If so, LOGOUT and then go to https://login.porsche.com/login/us/en_US# and try logging in from there. (I think Porsche sometimes logs you into the wrong countries servers). Does this help?

You won't see the "Pin" (upper left) on Porsche Connect map screen until you click on the "explore" option in the lower left (to bring up the map). Note that this only applies to the Porsche Connect APP and not the web service... My reference is Android so the IOS app could also be slightly different...

OP
OP

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Lets see if they are misdirecting your login (like often happens with me). Does the URL on your web page start with "https://connect-portal.porsche.com/core/gb/en_GB/services..."? If so, LOGOUT and then go to https://login.porsche.com/login/us/en_US# and try logging in from there. (I think Porsche sometimes logs you into the wrong countries servers). Does this help?

You won't see the "Pin" (upper left) on Porsche Connect map screen until you click on the "explore" option in the lower left (to bring up the map). Note that this only applies to the Porsche Connect APP and not the web service... My reference is Android so the IOS app could also be slightly different...
That was it! Thanks. Who knew I was in England.

I still can't see charging stations in the connect app though. I hit the explore button, and see the map, but no charging stations. There's a little icon that looks like a funnel, if I click that it brings up the "Map settings" menu.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That was it! Thanks. Who knew I was in England.

I still can't see charging stations in the connect app though. I hit the explore button, and see the map, but no charging stations. There's a little icon that looks like a funnel, if I click that it brings up the "Map settings" menu.
Rather, "Who didn't know where you actually are?" - Oooh! Oooh! I know the answer!

(Someone please add this to the long list of Porsche Software issues...)

Must be IOS. Post a screen shot... Lets see what it looks like...

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here is what the "pin" icon looks like on Android:

Porsche Taycan Need help locating DC fast charger PinIcon

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
...and if you click on that, this is the little menu you get. Clicking on the "E-Stations" should make all the chargers show up on the map (and the "pin" icon change to a "lightning" bolt "chargers" icon) but when I do this the app ALWAYS crashes...

Porsche Taycan Need help locating DC fast charger E-Stations

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What happens if you pull up on that bar at the bottom - or tap that little arrow next to the time at the top left?

Anything useful under the "map options" icon?

Make sure your map is already on top of the location where you know there is a charging station!

OP
OP

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
What happens if you pull up on that bar at the bottom - or tap that little arrow next to the time at the top left?

Anything useful under the "map options" icon?

Make sure your map is already on top of the location where you know there is a charging station!
Those are IOS things unrelated to the app. I think the app is just buggy. I was able to get it to show one station, but it seems unwilling to just show all the stations along a route, or in a particular area. I have other resources to find stations, but obviously the app should work too!

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Those are IOS things unrelated to the app. I think the app is just buggy. I was able to get it to show one station, but it seems unwilling to just show all the stations along a route, or in a particular area. I have other resources to find stations, but obviously the app should work too!
Don't get me started....

You do want the car to know its traveling to a station though cause it SHOULD use that station as a charging source and calculate accordingly. It will also pre-warm the battery for optimum charging speed if it knows its next stop is a charger.

RULE #1: If you manually enter the address of a charger (using the Nav System), be sure to click "Find Nearby Chargers", and then select "Porsche Charging Service" BEFORE you save it as a destination or a favorite. This should ultimately present you with the very same address but apparently its the only way the Porsche Software understands you intend to stop at a "charger".

I lierally sat in the car the other day for HOURS trying to get this type of planning all figured out BEFORE I actually go on my trip (in three days). It was pretty frustrating...

Last edited:
OP
OP

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Got back earlier this evening from "the trip" - my first trip requiring a charge before I got home. We went up to Maine to buy a boat. The leaves were beautiful - quite a bit ahead of us down south in Mass. But winter is coming! Anyway, thanks for the help in the posts above. It went reasonably well, I was able to hook up to one of the 350kw chargers at the Walmart in Scarborough, ME. I'm not sure if I did it right, but I was able to get a charge. I used the ChargingAmerica app to initiate the charge. The screen on the charger changed after I initiated the charge from my phone. (TBH, I didn't pay much attention to what it said). I then plugged in, after a small bit of bother (I didn't know the DC charge port was only on the starboard side). After I initiated the charge, the app still didn't show that the charger was in use. Normal? We then went to dinner at a nearby restaurant. My nephew said he had seen something that said that I'd be charged something like 40 cents a minute for parking at the charger after I was full. I didn't know that was a thing.... So I went back and got the car, which now had plenty enough "gas" to get home. When I disconnected it said that the cost was $3.50. It wasn't clear to me if I was going to be charged that, I had never given it my credit card. Maybe it went on my account? Or maybe it was free, which it should haver been. I don't really know. In any case, $3.50 was about 1/5th of what an equivalent amount of gas would have cost in my last car.
Sponsored