First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Hi Everyone!

New owner here, first Porche, and first EV. I've been wanting, waiting, watching the Taycan for a year or so, and using Porsche Finder, found almost exactly what I wanted just a few miles away from me, in downtown Chicago. I'm stoked to own a base model, and it's equipped with the usual things; premium pack, big battery, faster onboard chargers etc.

I absolutely love the way it looks and how it drives. Going into this I had thought I may trade this in when the electric Cayman lands, but I'm not so sure anymore, the big 4-door is so much fun, and in a city like Chicago, the width and presence of the car is kind of reassuring.

I don't have big grievances or issues, but if I did have to disclose my dang moments, in order they'd be;
  • I wish there was a sport version of the RWD. I don't want 4S, but I sure do want S
    • I feel like I've already hit the limits of the cars power and acceleration, and while it's more than enough, it doesn't feel crazy exotic or even hyper but alas that's on me for not spending more.
  • I should have done my research on the static vs. air suspension. I'm enjoy a lowered car, and the fact that there is zero aftermarket support for the static RWD kind of concerns me. If I had researched this first, I likely would have hunted down an air-optioned Taycan
  • Finally, the PCM, I don't really understand Porsche's stance and or plan for OTA and updates. Will I get colored icons and spotify in the future or wont I? Why is this so hard? I'm not a Tesla guy, but it's 2022, and for a car over $100k, this feels like something people at Porsche should have a better handle on.
Anyways, that's hi from me! I do absolutely love the car, and my dealer Downtown Porsche, has been fantastic.

JB

Porsche Taycan New Owner Volcano Grey IMG_2369

Porsche Taycan New Owner Volcano Grey IMG_2374

Porsche Taycan New Owner Volcano Grey IMG_2374 2

Porsche Taycan New Owner Volcano Grey IMG_2370

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
Congrats - Gorgeous Taycan in a great color !! Over head pics of the car are nice..

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Congrats & enjoy!

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
Hi Everyone!

New owner here, first Porche, and first EV. I've been wanting, waiting, watching the Taycan for a year or so, and using Porsche Finder, found almost exactly what I wanted just a few miles away from me, in downtown Chicago. I'm stoked to own a base model, and it's equipped with the usual things; premium pack, big battery, faster onboard chargers etc.

I absolutely love the way it looks and how it drives. Going into this I had thought I may trade this in when the electric Cayman lands, but I'm not so sure anymore, the big 4-door is so much fun, and in a city like Chicago, the width and presence of the car is kind of reassuring.

I don't have big grievances or issues, but if I did have to disclose my dang moments, in order they'd be;
  • I wish there was a sport version of the RWD. I don't want 4S, but I sure do want S
    • I feel like I've already hit the limits of the cars power and acceleration, and while it's more than enough, it doesn't feel crazy exotic or even hyper but alas that's on me for not spending more.
  • I should have done my research on the static vs. air suspension. I'm enjoy a lowered car, and the fact that there is zero aftermarket support for the static RWD kind of concerns me. If I had researched this first, I likely would have hunted down an air-optioned Taycan
  • Finally, the PCM, I don't really understand Porsche's stance and or plan for OTA and updates. Will I get colored icons and spotify in the future or wont I? Why is this so hard? I'm not a Tesla guy, but it's 2022, and for a car over $100k, this feels like something people at Porsche should have a better handle on.
Anyways, that's hi from me! I do absolutely love the car, and my dealer Downtown Porsche, has been fantastic.

JB

IMG_2369.jpeg

IMG_2374.jpeg

IMG_2374 2.jpeg

IMG_2370.jpeg
Do you have Apple Car Play? I show colored icons on my menu with ACP running (Spotify, iMessage, etc). You swipe your menu to the left to reveal those colored icons. Not sure what is offered for Android phones.

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
congrats jonbek! beautiful taycan

Do you have Apple Car Play? I show colored icons on my menu with ACP running (Spotify, iMessage, etc). You swipe your menu to the left to reveal those colored icons. Not sure what is offered for Android phones.
I think OP was referring to the new colored icons in the native PCM menu screens, which is associated only with the latest PCM 6.0. ACP is always with colored icons regardless of PCM version. Some pics of the colored icons on the latest PCM software were posted on this thread: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/gts-alpine.9985/post-144355

Last edited:

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
congrats jonbek! beautiful taycan

I think OP was referring to the new colored icons in the native PCM menu screens, which is associated only with the latest PCM 6.0. ACP is always with colored icons regardless of PCM version. Some pics of the colored icons on the latest PCM software were posted on this thread: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/gts-alpine.9985/post-144355
Oh that's cool - I don't have that either. I don't really care as I don't use that menu anyway, but how does one get PCM 6.0 as maybe there are other benefits? Thanks.
Sponsored