WalterG

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
Update - just got my car back yesterday after getting the brake module replaced. The new module seems to have resolved my issue and the brakes feel normal again. 36 days from drop off to fixed and returned.
Thanks for the feedback on this as some others of us have similar issues.

Could you please check whether regen braking is currently working for you (you can check by turning on the Power Meter on the center instrument cluster to see if regen occurs when you press the brake)? The reason I ask is that I think that when that module is replaced that it automatically goes into "friction braking only" mode for the first 100 miles or so. Friction only braking will feel very consistent and good - the issue that I've experienced is that the transition from regen to friction has an issue post update at slow speeds. So if your new brake module is in Friction only mode currently, it would be very helpful if you could report on how it feels after switching to the normal "regen/friction" mode after 100 miles or so.
Sponsored

RehobothTaycan1

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback on this as some others of us have similar issues.

Could you please check whether regen braking is currently working for you (you can check by turning on the Power Meter on the center instrument cluster to see if regen occurs when you press the brake)? The reason I ask is that I think that when that module is replaced that it automatically goes into "friction braking only" mode for the first 100 miles or so. Friction only braking will feel very consistent and good - the issue that I've experienced is that the transition from regen to friction has an issue post update at slow speeds. So if your new brake module is in Friction only mode currently, it would be very helpful if you could report on how it feels after switching to the normal "regen/friction" mode after 100 miles or so.
Regin braking is definitely working and on when braking - I can see it in the power meter. The dealership returned the car to me and picked up the loaner, given the amount of time they had it for repair. I live about 120 miles from the dealer, so if it did go into friction only braking it happened before I got the car. I do know what you’re talking about with friction only braking and its definitely not doing that now.

WalterG

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
Regin braking is definitely working and on when braking - I can see it in the power meter. The dealership returned the car to me and picked up the loaner, given the amount of time they had it for repair. I live about 120 miles from the dealer, so if it did go into friction only braking it happened before I got the car. I do know what you’re talking about with friction only braking and its definitely not doing that now.
That's great news - thanks! I (and others here) see a problem similar to what you experienced so appreciate the feedback.
Sponsored