new recall

dtich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS;'12 Model S(sold); Aprilia; Triumph
Country flag
That recall reads like the error is that the system displays a yellow warning when it should really be a red warning. At certain pad wear level I would assume. I believe it's a wire in the pads that shorts to the rotor when the pad wear is great enough and that signals the ECU 'brake pad warning', which I believe is a red telltale always, not yellow/amber. My 2¢. Sounds like a quick software update. We'll see if it's easier to say than do, like so many of these issues. :D Keep us updated.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Applies to 71 Taycans produced for Puerto Rico:
In April 2023, Porsche identified that the coding for the “BRAKE WEAR” indicator was incorrect for some vehicles being produced specifically for Puerto Rico and implemented a change to correct the coding in production. Additional investigation was carried out to clearly identify affected vehicles in the field. Porsche was not aware of any customer complaints, warranty records, crashes, or injuries due to this issue. It was determined that vehicles with incorrect coding have been produced and delivered only in Puerto Rico. On May 10, 2023 determined a
noncompliance with the applicable FMVSS No. 135 requirement and decided to conduct a noncompliance recall for the subject vehicles in Puerto Rico.
Sponsored