New Track Your Dream on MyPorsche

vroomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, MB GLS 550
Country flag
I put out an SOS this morning on the production pics thread, but I'm sure people have better things to do than hack a webpage so I can see a pink car on the line 😄. I'm being optimistic that with this nice new TYD design the production pictures might be incorporated into it soon!

I just updated my little calendar dragging the milestones UP this time. But my instinct is our cars won't get the updated heater on the line... it's going to sit. Seems every Taycan owner/purchaser is part of Generation battery/bose/heater/strike etc. If I was in a rush to get this car I wouldn't have ordered it, and I enjoy the anticipation, and for now I'm happy to wait for a working heater because I do NOT want to experience the horrors we've read about all winter. If July rolls around and I still don't have my car, I reserve the right to change my attitude hehe.

And this is SO me. I have at least a half-a-dozen tabs open with various shopping carts waiting to check out. But just can't do it! So far I've bought ONE "accessory," which came today... new sunglasses to match the car. They're usable even if the car never comes, right?
Where are you getting your accessories from? I have a cart prepped at Suncoast. Should I check other vendors?
Sponsored

Fall7St8nd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Where are you getting your accessories from? I have a cart prepped at Suncoast. Should I check other vendors?
I couldn't help it... my Taycan should have started production or will very soon, so I hit "complete order" for at least my clear side markers from Suncoast. There's a couple other accessories from them I've got my eye on as well. I justified the early purchase particularly since it was on sale and there was a message about limited availability. 😆

I've got a whole sheet of accessories from a variety of other vendors too... spacers from ECS Tuning; Sto-and-Sho front license plate mount; TuxMat floor mats (for the winter, which I likely won't need this season); ProClip phone mount (or still may 3D print my own using the file from a previous thread in here).

Certainly keeps me entertained while waiting!

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
Pick a charger (I chose Charge Point based on Inside EV's review), 14-50 plug and a ceramic outlet (Hubble brand) if you want to plug it in, or you can have any of them hardwired so the outlet isn't needed, 40 amps is sufficient so a 50 amp breaker, a small sub panel with a shut off switch (aka knife switch) is the best option, have #6 AWG THHN wire as a minimum - #4 AWG THHN is fatter and better if the distance is a little longer and it doesn't hurt to have fatter wire. I think that's about it. Don't let an electrician talk you into downsizing any of it and embrace any electrician that says you don't want to downsize any of it.
If my car has the "On-Board 150 kW/400V DC Charger" optioned, do I still need to buy a charger? I know I have to get an outlet and we're calling the electrician for the power upgrade and wiring. I just still can't wrap my head around the stuff everyone has on the wall and if that's something i need. And if I start a new thread I'll sound even stupider than I do here, even though I've read so much already!

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Audi Q4 E-tron
Country flag
If my car has the "On-Board 150 kW/400V DC Charger" optioned, do I still need to buy a charger? I know I have to get an outlet and we're calling the electrician for the power upgrade and wiring. I just still can't wrap my head around the stuff everyone has on the wall and if that's something i need. And if I start a new thread I'll sound even stupider than I do here, even though I've read so much already!
While awaiting more specific advice, highly recommend this video that goes into detail about all the charging options and strategies on a Taycan specifically.

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
While awaiting more specific advice, highly recommend this video that goes into detail about all the charging options and strategies on a Taycan specifically.
Oh yeah, I forgot to watch that. Thanks!

OP
OP
xyeahtony

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
The On-Board 150kw/400V DC Charger is for fast-charging, it has nothing to do with home charging. Without getting technical, i wont bother explaining what it does because it has zero utility in the United States (for now).

The car already comes with a home charger called the Porsche Mobile Connect Plus. Some people opt for the $1100 Porsche Mobile Connect, which is silly and you shouldn't. The standard plug is a NEMA 14-50 if you want to have your electrician install a NEMA 14-50 outlet. If your power requirements dont suit that, you can install a NEMA 14-30 outlet, and then option the nema 14-30 plug option for free and that's the plug that will come with your charger.

If you want another EV charger, Its honestly cheaper to buy a $230 Tesla Mobile Connector that is very good build quality and durability and utility (accepts multiple different plugs), and then a $125 Tesla to J1772 adapter.

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The On-Board 150kw/400V DC Charger is for fast-charging, it has nothing to do with home charging. Without getting technical, i wont bother explaining what it does because it has zero utility in the United States (for now).

The car already comes with a home charger called the Porsche Mobile Connect Plus. Some people opt for the $1100 Porsche Mobile Connect, which is silly and you shouldn't. The standard plug is a NEMA 14-50 if you want to have your electrician install a NEMA 14-50 outlet. If your power requirements dont suit that, you can install a NEMA 14-30 outlet, and then option the nema 14-30 plug option for free and that's the plug that will come with your charger.

If you want another EV charger, Its honestly cheaper to buy a $230 Tesla Mobile Connector that is very good build quality and durability and utility (accepts multiple different plugs), and then a $125 Tesla to J1772 adapter.
Ok, that's what I originally thought, thank you! I did order the Hubbell NEMA 14-50 today, and knew the mobile connect was ill-advised and didn't option that. We have an electrician coming next week that my EV-owning friends recommended, and I'm pretty sure we can do 50A, but I think my husband's gonna want another panel too, but I said we'll discuss that later :).

Ok, I'm watching the video now, as we had no electricity for 5 days!! And here I am buying an EV heheh. And then I'm shopping some more :D.

CarbonTax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
T

The car already comes with a home charger called the Porsche Mobile Connect Plus. The standard plug is a NEMA 14-50 if you want to have your electrician install a NEMA 14-50 outlet. If your power requirements dont suit that, you can install a NEMA 14-30 outlet, and then option the nema 14-30 plug option for free and that's the plug that will come with your charger.
Once again, must reiterate that your electrician upgrade the charging outlet to the HUBBELL brand, no stinkin' Leviton, etc.

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ok I'm just getting back to my computer because I had no wifi for almost a week. Let's see, what tabs do I still have grouped here...
suncoast, sunsetporscheparts, and getporschesilverspringparts. I may have looked at others. Not recommending any and haven't ordered, just was browsing based on mentions on Rennlist and whatnot.

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Well, my car is on a boat, so I ordered a bunch of accessories, here is my list below to reveal my madness. Full car PPF, tint and ceramic has been arranged and will be scheduled as the date becomes solidified.

Here is the link to a magsafe charger that I am getting: https://nine-volt.com/products/wireless-charger-for-porsche-taycan-with-magsafe-for-apple-iphone

Might still consider other phone holder options though

Considering a spare tire kit for roadtrips given the poor availability of replacement tires for the 21" wheels. Might even just buy one extra full size wheel/tire but have not decided on that yet.

If you guys can think of anything else I should get, please chime in!

btw, the sunvisors below are the ones that come without the unsightly warning labels required in the US. Very much a splurge and unnecessary. If I didn't have so much anticipation for the car, I may have refrained and come to my senses, but alas. . .

The Turbo front bumper conversion is to allow me to paint the inserts gloss black to match the gloss black on the side skirts and the rear diffuser that comes standard on the GTS. I would have ordered the Carbon sport design kit to get a similar look with carbon inserts on the turbo front lip that is available when ordering the car, but I dislike the rear winglets that gets included in that kit.

@annieland the only thing left to order is some non polarized sunglasses to work with HUD! You are ahead of me there. I have gone and fully jinxed myself here, wish me luck. Good luck with electrical install

@Fall7St8nd nice list of accessories, was thinking about the 3D printing vs Proclip as well.

Porsche Taycan New Track Your Dream on MyPorsche Screenshot 2023-02-28 185013

Porsche Taycan New Track Your Dream on MyPorsche Screenshot 2023-02-28 185053

Porsche Taycan New Track Your Dream on MyPorsche Screenshot 2023-02-28 185223

Porsche Taycan New Track Your Dream on MyPorsche Screenshot 2023-02-28 185341

Last edited:

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, my car is on a boat, so I ordered a bunch of accessories, here is my list below to reveal my madness. Full car PPF, tint and ceramic has been arranged and will be scheduled as the date becomes solidified.

Here is the link to a magsafe charger that I am getting: https://nine-volt.com/products/wireless-charger-for-porsche-taycan-with-magsafe-for-apple-iphone

Might still consider other phone holder options though

Considering a spare tire kit for roadtrips given the poor availability of replacement tires for the 21" wheels. Might even just buy one extra full size wheel/tire but have not decided on that yet.

If you guys can think of anything else I should get, please chime in!

btw, the sunvisors below are the ones that come without the unsightly warning labels required in the US. Very much a splurge and unnecessary. If I didn't have so much anticipation for the car, I may have refrained and come to my senses, but alas. . .

The Turbo front bumper conversion is to allow me to paint the inserts gloss black to match the gloss black on the side skirts and the rear diffuser that comes standard on the GTS. I would have ordered the Carbon sport design kit to get a similar look with carbon inserts on the turbo front lip that is available when ordering the car, but I dislike the rear winglets that gets included in that kit.

@annieland the only thing left to order is some non polarized sunglasses to work with HUD! You are ahead of me there. I have gone and fully jinxed myself here, wish me luck. Good luck with electrical install

@Fall7St8nd nice list of accessories, was thinking about the 3D printing vs Proclip as well.
Ok so I scheduled the electric estimate, ordered the outlet, AND scheduled a "window" for PPF, and am about to order the charger. ANNND now... I got a new pop-up on TYD... Did anyone else? I don't think this was there earlier today.

Porsche Taycan New Track Your Dream on MyPorsche 1677637135815

I said multiple times I was prepared to face this issue, but I had relaxed a teeny bit since I didn't see the warning for the past week. I knew I'd jinx it scheduling the PPF!

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh, and btw, the stupid key fob color swap and pouch is on my shopping list too. I rolled my eyes when I first saw it on the spec sheet, and then now I'm like, obviously my key has to match my car and the pouch match the seats.... When my Honda keyfob is at the bottom of my purse right now probably stuck to some melted chewing gum.

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ok so I scheduled the electric estimate, ordered the outlet, AND scheduled a "window" for PPF, and am about to order the charger. ANNND now... I got a new pop-up on TYD... Did anyone else? I don't think this was there earlier today.

1677637135815.png

I said multiple times I was prepared to face this issue, but I had relaxed a teeny bit since I didn't see the warning for the past week. I knew I'd jinx it scheduling the PPF!
This is all my fault for hitting the order button last night on those items, sorry :(

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh, and btw, the stupid key fob color swap and pouch is on my shopping list too. I rolled my eyes when I first saw it on the spec sheet, and then now I'm like, obviously my key has to match my car and the pouch match the seats.... When my Honda keyfob is at the bottom of my purse right now probably stuck to some melted chewing gum.
Well, your sunglasses already match soo. . .

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Once again, must reiterate that your electrician upgrade the charging outlet to the HUBBELL brand, no stinkin' Leviton, etc.
Note it's not just the Hubbell brand, as you can buy inexpensive Hubbell NEMA 14-50 outlets too (like this). It's the industrial grade one that you want - model 9450A.
Sponsored